+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Aye and McDonnell.

I watched Corbyn's reply to the PM's ultimatum to the Russians on BBC Parliament on Monday. With a possible breach of National security being threatened this weasel of a man in effect was only interested in scoring political points. He showed not one jot of real support and deserved the cries of shame and disgust from the floor. Bordered on each side by two fat gargoyles he again confirmed my thoughts his time is now limited. It was noticeable every other speaker both Tory and Labour in general supported the PM as in such circumstances it is imperative for all parties to be in general agreement in my opinion.

Today when telling Parliament what action has been taken - again a mumbled nothing from Corbyn. Later, several MP's were interviewed live by the BBC including Labour members which included Stephen Kinnock. I'm certainly not a Labour supporter but Kinnock was smartly dressed, very factual and fair - far removed from his slovenly Marxist master and his front bench mob of slobs.

As I stated in an earlier thread, I genuinely believe Corbyn has self destructed, all caused by his almost maniacal efforts to say and do anything to overthrow the government. Mrs T weak? she's got more strength when it comes to the crunch in her little finger than the pathetic excuse for a man leading Labour. A protester all his life and a deluded fool.
    You know I am not a fan of Corbyn but your and others' attempts to misrepresent him stink. He has quite rightly pointed out that no proof of anyone's guilt has been offered. This is like a murder trial without a body.
    He made no adverse statements about the Tories. He defended neither Putin nor the Kremlin. What actually drew the Tory jeers was the fact that he asked some rather incisive questions (five, I think) which May didn't even attempt to answer.
    Corbyn is not a Russian apologist because modern day Russia bears no political resemblance to the old USSR. Today's Russia is a gangster state fuelled by fear and run by a Napoleonic nutter and shows capitalism at its dirtiest.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Mrs T weak? she's got more strength when it comes to the crunch in her little finger than the pathetic excuse for a man leading Labour.
    I hate to be the one to break it to you serious, but Mrs T croaked a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I hate to be the one to break it to you serious, but Mrs T croaked a while back.
    Yes but she was given strepsils to help her

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah your mate Theresa is so strong and principled that’s she’s today taken free school meals from 1 million children. None of whom live in Northern Ireland.

Like Putin, some people will do anything to cling on to power.
    TBH.....you should have had your school meals removed as well....school kids are far too fat nowadays anyway

At least the Royal family & Ministers let out a huge sigh of relief when told they aren't going to have to watch Southgates pile of ****e at it.

I will be going for some of Englands games in Russia, you always have to be careful when watching England especially in Russia but looking forward to it already paid a lot of money for flights , hotels ,tickets etc so will be going unless stopped by the foreign office look out for our Calverton Notts County flag

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You know I am not a fan of Corbyn but your and others' attempts to misrepresent him stink. He has quite rightly pointed out that no proof of anyone's guilt has been offered. This is like a murder trial without a body.
    He made no adverse statements about the Tories. He defended neither Putin nor the Kremlin. What actually drew the Tory jeers was the fact that he asked some rather incisive questions (five, I think) which May didn't even attempt to answer.
    Corbyn is not a Russian apologist because modern day Russia bears no political resemblance to the old USSR. Today's Russia is a gangster state fuelled by fear and run by a Napoleonic nutter and shows capitalism at its dirtiest.
    Corbyn is a kind hearted man who wants everyone to get along and be doing ok in life, which in my view makes him an excellent human being, but his reaction yesterday raised questions about his ability to be A leader.

To think that there is any circumstance in which we could send a sample or evidence of anything to Russia, or let this stuff be analysed by an international panel of experts, which would lead to Russia admitting responsibility is naive in the extreme.

Let's not forget the passenger plane that was shot down over Ukraine, which was painstakingly analysed by international experts who concluded it was hit by a missile fired from territory controlled by Russian forces, forces who had put a photo on Twitter with their newly delivered missile system a couple of days earlier.

Putin's response then was that it was (yawn) Russophobia, and Russian TV news broadcast various conspiracy theories including 'satellite images' of a Ukrainian plane supposedly shooting down the passenger jet, which turned out to be a Ukrainian plane from photoshopped from Google images.

As I mentioned before, the doping scheme was also Russophobia until they admitted it.

Putin is trolling us and Corbyn standing up in parliament and publicly doubting what our scientists say would have brought a broad smile to his face I'm sure.

By all means have doubts, but why not write a letter to the PM asking for a security briefing to see exactly what proof there is and how reliable it is?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Corbyn is a kind hearted man who wants everyone to get along and be doing ok in life, which in my view makes him an excellent human being, but his reaction yesterday raised questions about his ability to be A leader.

To think that there is any circumstance in which we could send a sample or evidence of anything to Russia, or let this stuff be analysed by an international panel of experts, which would lead to Russia admitting responsibility is naive in the extreme.

Let's not forget the passenger plane that was shot down over Ukraine, which was painstakingly analysed by international experts who concluded it was hit by a missile fired from territory controlled by Russian forces, forces who had put a photo on Twitter with their newly delivered missile system a couple of days earlier.

Putin's response then was that it was (yawn) Russophobia, and Russian TV news broadcast various conspiracy theories including 'satellite images' of a Ukrainian plane supposedly shooting down the passenger jet, which turned out to be a Ukrainian plane from photoshopped from Google images.

As I mentioned before, the doping scheme was also Russophobia until they admitted it.

Putin is trolling us and Corbyn standing up in parliament and publicly doubting what our scientists say would have brought a broad smile to his face I'm sure.

By all means have doubts, but why not write a letter to the PM asking for a security briefing to see exactly what proof there is and how reliable it is?
    That's all fair enough, but I have a problem with Corbyn being made the issue here. Maybe he is being too reasonable, but our intelligence services are there to protect the state by whatever means necessary. You can't believe everything they say, by definition, because they do not have to act within the law or tell the truth. Corbyn doesn't need to say that though, all he needs to do is let the government do their job and cock it up, like they always do.

May's response is pathetically weak. I even think a World Cup boycott was in order. Better still, an investigation of the financial dealings of a few Russian oligarchs based in London. I wonder why she won't do that?

Tories break Theresa May’s vow to ban Russian donors
    Ministers accuse PM of ‘limp’ response to poisoning scandal

Russian oligarchs and their associates have registered donations of more than £820,000 to the Conservative Party since Theresa May became prime minister, The Sunday Times can reveal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...nors-glp2bl7cm

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's all fair enough, but I have a problem with Corbyn being made the issue here. Maybe he is being too reasonable, but our intelligence services are there to protect the state by whatever means necessary. You can't believe everything they say, by definition, because they do not have to act within the law or tell the truth. Corbyn doesn't need to say that though, all he needs to do is let the government do their job and cock it up, like they always do.

May's response is pathetically weak. I even think a World Cup boycott was in order. Better still, an investigation of the financial dealings of a few Russian oligarchs based in London. I wonder why she won't do that?

Tories break Theresa May’s vow to ban Russian donors
    Ministers accuse PM of ‘limp’ response to poisoning scandal

Russian oligarchs and their associates have registered donations of more than £820,000 to the Conservative Party since Theresa May became prime minister, The Sunday Times can reveal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...nors-glp2bl7cm
    Yeah I would say that Corbyn is a side issue rather than a main issue. I agree with you that Russians donating large sums of money to a party which has been very weak with Russia in the past is worrying.

It's the same with clamping down on Russian money being laundered in London, great, but if we knew about it why did we let it continue?

This fred has descended into a pro/anti Corbyn argument, so here's my contribution.

Without Corbyn's provocations and him asking awkward questions in Parliament and on TV we would be left in the dark about what the government's intentions are, what proofs we have, who is to blame for what, why whoever did it was not stopped...etc. His questions and statements, whether you like them or not, provide May with the opportunity to supply the public with facts rather than the sensational speculations of the press. Awkward questions they may be but this is a democracy and answers must be given and statements met. I have no doubts the answers will be seen by some to be vague and ambiguous and national security must come first, so who decides what we should or should not be told?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast