+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and the World Cup

I agree that Russia is behind this. So what are we going to do about it except stop the Royal Family going to the World Cup when they would rather be hunting anyway.

It looks like Jack **** is the answer:

Philip Hammond has refused a plea by the widow of murdered Alexander Litvinenko for the Tories to pay back more than £820,000 donated by Russian oligarchs, insisting the cash is legitimate.

The Chancellor also denied the Kremlin is “laughing at us” over Britain’s response to the killing and the suspicion that Russia was also involved in the poisoning of double agent Sergei Skripal.

Marina Litvinenko called for the return of the Russian cash – given since Theresa May became Prime Minister – saying: “You need to be very careful who you are friends with.”

But Mr Hammond insisted there were “very strict rules” surrounding donations, which could only come from British citizens and were “carefully vetted”.

“There are people in this country who are British citizens who are of Russian origin. I don’t think we should taint them, or should tar them with Putin’s brush,” he said.

Speaking on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show, Ms Litvinenko said the Prime Minister had broken her pledge – in a personal letter she brandished – to do everything to prevent a repeat of her husband’s murder.

But the Chancellor insisted: “Nobody is laughing at us. This is a very serious investigation that is going on, let’s see where it leads us.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8250321.html

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Two points. Firstly if there are traces of the agent left behind they can be traced back to the production site/state. Secondly you need to read up on the Ukraine, a sovereign state.
    he former British ambassador to Uzbekistan, Craig Murray, who visited the site at Nukus, said it had been dismantled with US help. He is among those advocating scepticism about the UK placing blame on Russia.
    Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
    Read more

In a blog post, he wrote: “The same people who assured you Saddam Hussein had WMDs now assure you Russian ‘novichok’ nerve agents are being wielded by Vladimir Putin to attack people on British soil.”

A Russian lawyer, Boris Kuznetsov, told Reuters he was offering to pass to the British authorities a file he said might be relevant to the Salisbury case. It details an incident when poison hidden in a phone receiver killed a Russian banker and his secretary in 1995. The poison came from an employee at the state chemical facility who sold it through intermediaries – in an ampule placed in a presentation case – to help reduce his debts.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...burys-novichok

"I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are not able to identify the nerve gas as being of Russian manufacture, and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so. Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a type developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation."

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...oped-by-liars/

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are not able to identify the nerve gas as being of Russian manufacture, and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so. Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a type developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation."

Quite right too if they can't be sure. This would be a bigger story if it was of a type not developed by Russia though.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Driller, I'll refer to my thoughts on the matter posted in the thread on 'Public Safety' (copied below). You're right to point out though that all the countries mentioned, including Russia, engage in acts like this when it suits their interest, and cry foul when others do it contrary to their interests. I know nothing in the Russian DNA, nor their methods of operation that sets them significantly apart from their Western counterparts, nor amongst either of their numerous vassals abroad. In light if that, I'd agree with Corbyn that measuring twice before cutting once is sensible policy, especially before going down the avenue of disproportionate escalation. Just as an exit strategy was lacking prior to the invasion of Iraq (possibly because there may have never been a desire to exit at all), we would do well to ask ourselves what's the end game that TM es all have in mind?
    Nobody has mentioned Russian DNA, obviously this relates to Russia's current government, not its people. I can think of many differences between the modus operandi of Russia and of western countries though.

I don't think Iraq is a valid comparison as any military action against Russia would have catastrophic consequences, which explains why they have got away with so much for so long. Even a PR war against Russia will be acutely embarrassing as they are better than us at that too.

Let's not forget that Litvinienko's wife had to get a high court injunction into her husband's poisoning as the then home secretary (now PM) tried to brush it under the carpet. Hardly sign of a conspiracy is it?

Let's not forget also that apart from shooting down passenger planes, invading other countries, killing journalists and lawyers, imprisoning political opponents and poisoning dissidents abroad, this spy's (previously healthy) son died of sudden liver failure on his last trip to Russia. At what point do we stop giving Putin the benefit of the doubt and start applying the same level of rigorous criticism to what he says and does as we do to our politicians and institutions?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Thank you....this type of thread is also running on another forum that I frequent, and there is a high degree of speculation that this is an attempt to isolate Russia even further than has been occurring since they went into the Crimea.

The Democrats and the FBI trying desperately to link Trump to Russia, the UN and NATO ramping up the forces in the Baltic States...playing their War Games with the Military Complex rubbing their hands with glee....EU expansionist policies in the East and the huge market that the Ukraine represents...revenge for Russia helping Assad......Russian oligarchs that may or may not want to see Putin on the back foot?

There are many forces at work here.....I have spent the last hour watching an expose just on the Ukranian oligarchs and the money trail, involving London also, is quite frankly mind~boggling...billions upon billions of dollars are being "piped" around the globe...Russia, Cyprus, BVI, London, Latvia, the USA, Malaysia and India.....my head is reeling.....the conservative estimate is 1 Trillion USD of dirty money in the "pipeline" at any moment in time

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Thank you....this type of thread is also running on another forum that I frequent, and there is a high degree of speculation that this is an attempt to isolate Russia even further than has been occurring since they went into the Crimea.

The Democrats and the FBI trying desperately to link Trump to Russia, the UN and NATO ramping up the forces in the Baltic States...playing their War Games with the Military Complex rubbing their hands with glee....EU expansionist policies in the East and the huge market that the Ukraine represents...revenge for Russia helping Assad......Russian oligarchs that may or may not want to see Putin on the back foot?

There are many forces at work here.....I have spent the last hour watching an expose just on the Ukranian oligarchs and the money trail, involving London also, is quite frankly mind~boggling...billions upon billions of dollars are being "piped" around the globe...Russia, Cyprus, BVI, London, Latvia, the USA, Malaysia and India.....my head is reeling.....the conservative estimate is 1 Trillion USD of dirty money in the "pipeline" at any moment in time
    You really do have to feel sorry for Putin, all these things happening on his watch and it turns out it's one big stitch-up by the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    You really do have to feel sorry for Putin, all these things happening on his watch and it turns out it's one big stitch-up by the west.
    "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me."

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Thank you....this type of thread is also running on another forum that I frequent, and there is a high degree of speculation that this is an attempt to isolate Russia even further than has been occurring since they went into the Crimea.Democrats and the FBI trying desperately to link Trump to Russia, the UN and NATO ramping up the forces in the Baltic States...playing their War Games with the Military Complex rubbing their hands with glee....EU expansionist policies in the East and the huge market that the Ukraine represents...revenge for RuAssa......Russian oligarchs that may or may not want to see Putin on the back foot
    Who'd have thought that the members at Goatygoat.com, as well as having a penchant for having *** with goats, are also mental conspiracy theorists?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Who'd have thought that the members at Goatygoat.com, as well as having a penchant for having *** with goats, are also mental conspiracy theorists?
    .....and there was me trying to be sensible

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast