+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you rather us..

Would you rather us..

lose at Wembley?

lose in play off semi finals?

miss out on the play offs altogether?

I have faith we can go up this season but I have a bad feeling that we won't do it and even if we do I don't think were yet good enough to compete next season in the Championship. I'd rather us 1 more season in league 1 then kick on to autos next season.
    Last edited by Donmiller; 14-03-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Whatever give 100% every game,what happens happens.We are a!l in it together,just hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Whatever give 100% every game,what happens happens.We are a!l in it together,just hope for the best.
    Ideally yo-yoing between league 1 and the championship is the very best our club could hope for. Also providing we don't start to spend megabucks on signings and wages it would probably be the best money making option.

Plus in the playoffs we get extra games and extra revenue.

However losing a lot in a championship season would drop the entertainment factor and would increase the demands of our less switched on fans to "sack the mansger" and "get yer wallet out TS"

I don’t think you can pick & choose but if we do go up will have to spend a hell of a lot of money to stay up.The Championship is like the premier top 6-8 teams with money the rest fighting for the scraps.

Very difficult but given the chance we have to play at the highest level we can achieve.Finding a way to survive in a completely unbalanced league without more investment is improbable but not impossible,firstly and foremost is do the people of Rotherham want and will support a club in the higher level,the evidence suggests that they don't.Ways to raise extra revenue are build an extension to the ground up to 25,000 capacity and try to fill it,try to attract bigger sponsorship.try alternative entertainment,but it's all pie in the sky and will probably never happen.We probably thought in the dark days at Don Valley that we would never get a nice new shiny stadium,so you never know,I imagine older Bournemouth supporters had the same thoughts when they like us nearly went out of existance,anything can happen.

I’d like us to be ‘in it to win it’ or why even bother

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’d like us to be ‘in it to win it’ or why even bother
    It’s a catch 22 mate are we good enough stay up if we get there do we want another season like the last one.Fans say don’t spend daft money but that’s I’m sad to say is what you have got to do in today’s football.Thats why Wigan are the new yo yo team.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Very difficult but given the chance we have to play at the highest level we can achieve.Finding a way to survive in a completely unbalanced league without more investment is improbable but not impossible,firstly and foremost is do the people of Rotherham want and will support a club in the higher level,the evidence suggests that they don't.Ways to raise extra revenue are build an extension to the ground up to 25,000 capacity and try to fill it,try to attract bigger sponsorship.try alternative entertainment,but it's all pie in the sky and will probably never happen.We probably thought in the dark days at Don Valley that we would never get a nice new shiny stadium,so you never know,I imagine older Bournemouth supporters had the same thoughts when they like us nearly went out of existance,anything can happen.
    But they have got a very rich owner & a top,top manager.Us & them are now chalk & cheese.And Bournemouth attracts wealthy people nice area.

I don’t know about not being good enough to compete in the Championship. Judging recent results we aren’t good enough to compete with the bottom clubs in League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    lose at Wembley?

lose in play off semi finals?

miss out on the play offs altogether?

I have faith we can go up this season but I have a bad feeling that we won't do it and even if we do I don't think were yet good enough to compete next season in the Championship. I'd rather us 1 more season in league 1 then kick on to autos next season.
    I don't want us to miss out on the play-offs altogether. Getting there would represent a successful season. Missing out now, after having it comfortably in our own hands, thanks to an unbelievable run, would be a sickening anti climax.

Even if we lose in the play-off semis I would still rather have got there, and lost, than missed out.

Wembley is totally different for me. If we get there - brilliant - we still have a chance to go up. However, if we get there and lose I will certainly wish we had gone out in the semis. Wembley heartache is hard to take.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast