Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Woodman

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,457

    Woodman

    Well done Freddie Woodman hero of the hour.
    Saved 3 penalties last night to get Aberdeen through to the semi cup finals after going to extra time.
    Always nice to see a young loaner doing well

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,061
    He seems to be one of the more promising youngsters to come out of our system in a while. Considering Elliot and Darlow don't seem to be making the grade, we might see Woodman as our backup in a couple years time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,180
    Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    He seems to be one of the more promising youngsters to come out of our system in a while. Considering Elliot and Darlow don't seem to be making the grade, we might see Woodman as our backup in a couple years time.
    I'd go further, we will see woodman as our number one in the not too distant future

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I'd go further, we will see woodman as our number one in the not too distant future
    Could be. Just hope it's not another Armstrong scenario. One too many loans without a proper chance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,160
    he wont stay here
    he didn't like the fact he was overlooked this season
    thought he should have been allowed to stay and play in cup games etc

    will end up down south

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,180
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he wont stay here
    he didn't like the fact he was overlooked this season
    thought he should have been allowed to stay and play in cup games etc

    will end up down south
    maybe, quite possible.

    Mind I wasn't too keen on what he said about football was all about winning medals.

    i think a fair few people would disagree.

    as he gets older he'll find memories of people and places will far outweigh a medal stuck in a drawer somewhere.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,688
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he wont stay here
    he didn't like the fact he was overlooked this season
    thought he should have been allowed to stay and play in cup games etc

    will end up down south
    Well thank fu cking you cos down south is everywhere from here you fuc kwit..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    maybe, quite possible.

    Mind I wasn't too keen on what he said about football was all about winning medals.

    i think a fair few people would disagree.

    as he gets older he'll find memories of people and places will far outweigh a medal stuck in a drawer somewhere.
    Football is certainly about more than winning medals, but the combination of playing at a great club in front of fantastic fans and treating them and yourself to some kind of silverware, that must be the most special feeling in one's career. I think there are too many trophy hunters in football, but actually winning something at this level is quite special and will be looked back on fondly.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,180
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Football is certainly about more than winning medals, but the combination of playing at a great club in front of fantastic fans and treating them and yourself to some kind of silverware, that must be the most special feeling in one's career. I think there are too many trophy hunters in football, but actually winning something at this level is quite special and will be looked back on fondly.
    agreed. his world cup medal too (or whatever it was he got) extra special - but i got the impression he was talking about the future

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    40,185
    Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I'd go further, we will see woodman as our number one in the not too distant future
    Agree with this.

    I think he'll stay as long as he gets the chance to be our 2nd choice keeper and I think Rafa would be able to persuade him (assuming Rafa is still here).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    agreed. his world cup medal too (or whatever it was he got) extra special - but i got the impression he was talking about the future
    Doesn't sound promising if all he's keen on is winning trophies. Unless it's the Carabao Cup, I think we have a shot of winning that within the next 15 years

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •