+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodman

Woodman

Well done Freddie Woodman hero of the hour.
    Saved 3 penalties last night to get Aberdeen through to the semi cup finals after going to extra time.
    Always nice to see a young loaner doing well

He seems to be one of the more promising youngsters to come out of our system in a while. Considering Elliot and Darlow don't seem to be making the grade, we might see Woodman as our backup in a couple years time.

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    He seems to be one of the more promising youngsters to come out of our system in a while. Considering Elliot and Darlow don't seem to be making the grade, we might see Woodman as our backup in a couple years time.
    I'd go further, we will see woodman as our number one in the not too distant future

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I'd go further, we will see woodman as our number one in the not too distant future
    Could be. Just hope it's not another Armstrong scenario. One too many loans without a proper chance.

he wont stay here
    he didn't like the fact he was overlooked this season
    thought he should have been allowed to stay and play in cup games etc

will end up down south

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he wont stay here

will end up down south
    maybe, quite possible.

Mind I wasn't too keen on what he said about football was all about winning medals.

i think a fair few people would disagree.

as he gets older he'll find memories of people and places will far outweigh a medal stuck in a drawer somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he wont stay here

will end up down south
    Well thank fu cking you cos down south is everywhere from here you fuc kwit..

maybe, quite possible.

Mind I wasn't too keen on what he said about football was all about winning medals.

i think a fair few people would disagree.

as he gets older he'll find memories of people and places will far outweigh a medal stuck in a drawer somewhere.
    Football is certainly about more than winning medals, but the combination of playing at a great club in front of fantastic fans and treating them and yourself to some kind of silverware, that must be the most special feeling in one's career. I think there are too many trophy hunters in football, but actually winning something at this level is quite special and will be looked back on fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Football is certainly about more than winning medals, but the combination of playing at a great club in front of fantastic fans and treating them and yourself to some kind of silverware, that must be the most special feeling in one's career. I think there are too many trophy hunters in football, but actually winning something at this level is quite special and will be looked back on fondly.
    agreed. his world cup medal too (or whatever it was he got) extra special - but i got the impression he was talking about the future

Agree with this.

I think he'll stay as long as he gets the chance to be our 2nd choice keeper and I think Rafa would be able to persuade him (assuming Rafa is still here).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)