+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3-4-2-1

3-4-2-1

Finally got to see a bit of this formation last night and it worked really well. I know plenty on here (myself included) have been clamouring for Wilder to try it for some time now.

It just makes way more sense when the players we have to pick from in the number 10 position are far better than what we have up top. And as you could see last night it frees up space for the centre forward weirdly enough, and I think it would suit either Leon or Billy. With only a few games to go lets try it and see if we can tactically bamboozle the remaining opposition managers in the run in.

--------Clarke/Sharp-------

Brooks/Holmes--------Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Finally got to see a bit of this formation last night and it worked really well. I know plenty on here (myself included) have been clamouring for Wilder to try it for some time now.

It just makes way more sense when the players we have to pick from in the number 10 position are far better than what we have up top. And as you could see last night it frees up space for the centre forward weirdly enough, and I think it would suit either Leon or Billy. With only a few games to go lets try it and see if we can tactically bamboozle the remaining opposition managers in the run in.

With our current squad and getting our more creative players in the starting 11 this is a must. I think what chance we have of the playoffs would be benefited greatly by this.

agree with you both as i have before maybe chris does take a look on here and s2 now and again lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post

............jammer..............
    baldock....stearman......oconnel........enda.....

.........evans.......fleck..........duffy.....

.......................brooks,,,,,,,,,.........
    ..........clarke..................sharp........... .

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    ............jammer..............
    baldock....stearman......oconnel........enda.....

.........evans.......fleck..........duffy.....

.......................brooks,,,,,,,,,.........
    ..........clarke..................sharp........... .

Nope. Waste of creativity.

Jamal.

Baldock
    Stearman
    O Connel
    Stevens

Fleck
    Evans

Holmes
    Duffy
    Brooks

Billy/Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Nope. Waste of creativity.

Jamal.

Baldock
    Stearman
    O Connel
    Stevens

Fleck
    Evans

Holmes
    Duffy
    Brooks

Billy/Clarke
    Nah mate, Boro and Cardiff will muller us playing that, no defensive protection for the two centre backs whatsoever.

both home games though gaunche and draws in those games wont be good enough lets go for it and get at em from the off

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    both home games though gaunche and draws in those games wont be good enough lets go for it and get at em from the off
    If we do that and get mullered then we'd have spme sayin the MESSIAH was bein naive to set up like that.I'll leave the tactics to them that get paid for thinkin tactics.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    If we do that and get mullered then we'd have spme sayin the MESSIAH was bein naive to set up like that.I'll leave the tactics to them that get paid for thinkin tactics.UTCB
    Surely 3-4-2-1 is the best of both worlds? Defending with three from the front as we usually do at the mo, but going forward have more creativity up top.