+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bench

The Bench

I know things are easily said when we lose but I’m just wondering why do we have Yates on the bench?

We normally have 2 strikers on pitch and 2 on bench, Ball, Smith,Lavery and Yates

It seems to me that Yates is last in line so why not leave him out and get maybe another defender on bench.

A waste if you ask me and it doesn’t help when we need to make changes

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I know things are easily said when we lose but I’m just wondering why do we have Yates on the bench?

We normally have 2 strikers on pitch and 2 on bench, Ball, Smith,Lavery and Yates

It seems to me that Yates is last in line so why not leave him out and get maybe another defender on bench.

A waste if you ask me and it doesn’t help when we need to make changes
    He played last night which must mean that he's doing something right in training. To be honest I didn't think that we'd see him play any part again this.

Good on him really because he must have known he was less likely to play when with the signing of Lavery and Smith.

It’s obvious that warne likes Yates but he will come unstuck if he’s not careful with him.

Didn’t do too much wrong last night, seem to remember two decent shots on target and unlike most of the others didn’t badly miscontrol the ball several times. Take the point though that as yet I’ve not seen anything earth shattering from him.

I agree Yates is not pulling up any trees and he would prob struggle with a few weeds though lavery a championship quality players has not looked any better..
    Personally if were chasing the game, instead of switching ball/Smith for lavery or Yates I would take off one of the back 4 and stick Taylor along side ball and push Smith infront

Formation 3421

He pushed Smith wide right and Taylor down the middle towards the end of the game, much too late in my opinion.

Yates is non league standard and it must only have been bonus payments that Warne put him on last night. Problem is we don't have a decent striker on the books -Lavery is poor, Smith is a lump (12 clubs?) and Ball is skilful but slow. I think the answer is to play Williams and Taylor up front. Unorthodox but it might just work in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It’s obvious that warne likes Yates but he will come unstuck if he’s not careful with him.

He must be great at running past cones, but to be honest I can’t see what he brings to the team, other than perhaps effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Yates is non league standard and it must only have been bonus payments that Warne put him on last night. Problem is we don't have a decent striker on the books -Lavery is poor, Smith is a lump (12 clubs?) and Ball is skilful but slow. I think the answer is to play Williams and Taylor up front. Unorthodox but it might just work in this league.
    Williams and Taylor up front. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    The dictionary definition of unorthodox is "contrary to what is usual, traditional or accepted". In this case I would define it as "mental".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast