+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stephen Hawking dies.

Morning Sinkov. No, we are daft, but we are not daft enough to attempt a Wainwright today. We are hoping to do a couple on Tuesday.
    I must admit to being a fraud in the 60's. I had the long hair etc but I pretended to be a hippy. I pretended to enjoy "alternative" music. I reality I hated it but loved most of the Beatles, Stones, Who stuff secretly. I used to (and still do) smoke a pipe, but I have never tried drugs - my tobacco of choice is Condor - but no one suspected this to be the case.

I was actually at the Lib Dem conference last weekend where Vince made that speech. A bit of it below in context.

The Lib Dems are different in ways that attract me. We are not funded by big business or the unions, and therefore we can act in the countries best interest. No one can dictate our policy.
    On policy, it is all decided by conference motions - and all members can submit motions to be discussed, and all members have a vote on each policy.

We were hoping that our policy motion on Health and Social Care would be chosen to be debated last weekend, but instead a similar motion was chosen, which had more emphasis on mental health. Fair enough.

If you are interested, there is a £500 prize for a motion, on any subject you choose, which is chosen to be debated at the Autumn conference. This is being organised by Paddy Ashdown. BUT...you have to be a party member. If you like, I will send you a membership form!
    Now, all the above seems to me to be a much more democratic and inclusive way of a political party running it's affairs.
    At the conference there was a party member who spoke about her idea of the £10K starting rate for paying income tax being adopted by the party, when the other parties said it was pie in the sky. The Tories now regularly claim credit for it.

Sir Vince told his audience in Southport: "I've myself been on a journey. I confess that my own initial reaction to the referendum was to think maybe there was little choice but to pursue Brexit.

"I thought, you know, the public had voted to be poorer - well, that was their right.

"What changed my mind was the evidence that Brexit had overwhelmingly been the choice of the older generation.

"75% of under 25s voted to remain. But 70% of over 65s voted for Brexit," he said.

“TOO MANY were driven by a nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white, and the map was coloured imperial pink,” he said. Their votes were “crushing the hopes and aspiration of the young for years to come”, he added.

Seriously 1959_60 are you taking Vince Cable seriously..?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...0-2219046.html

I never had you down as a Murdoch lover BT?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I never had you down as a Murdoch lover BT?
    I hold Murdoch and Cable in about equal contempt 1959_60.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)