+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne reveals why he dropped Emmanuel

Warne reveals why he dropped Emmanuel

So he decided to put a rusty player on instead.
    Maybe he could have took Yates out the team and had Emmanuel on the bench.

Stupid decision imo

I love watching Emmanuel battering his way past defenders on the right wing. A great attacking option for us.

Against Rochdale I thought he was overdoing it, trying to get round players on occasions when a simple pass was the best option. He also tried to do it too far into our half when losing the ball could be disastrous (besides, that's Semi's job)

I hope the break does him good and that he's soon back

Do any of you even watch Emmanuel, he’s got the turning circle of a WW2 German panzer

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Do any of you even watch Emmanuel, he’s got the turning circle of a WW2 German panzer
    What's your point? Emmanuel played really well throughout our unbeaten run but now he's had one poor game it seems you can't wait to have a go at him.

100% correct Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    What's your point? Emmanuel played really well throughout our unbeaten run but now he's had one poor game it seems you can't wait to have a go at him.
    Surely that comment can equally be put to Paul Warne?

One relatively poor game ( there were others worse than him on Saturday ) and Warne leaves him out. It’s Forde that should have been changed, he gives no real support on that side of the pitch when defending is needed.

I don't think there's any doubt that Forde plays better with Emmanuel backing up / overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Surely that comment can equally be put to Paul Warne?

One relatively poor game ( there were others worse than him on Saturday ) and Warne leaves him out. It’s Forde that should have been changed, he gives no real support on that side of the pitch when defending is needed.
    Was thinking same but I thought Emmanuel was the worst on pitch but I would have changed Forde for Taylor (on the basis of who we were playing)

Spot on Mellow. Got to wonder about our manager's logic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast