+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne reveals why he dropped Emmanuel

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Do any of you even watch Emmanuel, he’s got the turning circle of a WW2 German panzer
    I have said before that he can't bend in the middle but I'd want him in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I don't think there's any doubt that Forde plays better with Emmanuel backing up / overlapping.
    The same ont tother flank with Mattock and Newell. The key to their success in this run has been the way Ball goes frpm one side of the pitch to other to help create the moves. To drop both on Tuesday was daft.

It took 3? bad games for Ihiekwe to be dropped, one for Emmanuel which imo was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It took 3? bad games for Ihiekwe to be dropped, one for Emmanuel which imo was wrong
    The reason we had such poor spell up to December was that Warne dropped anybody and everybody who had a poor game - then he woke up to he philosophy of consistency in team selection - lets hope he's not reverting to type again.
    When it comes to fatigue well that's a load of bollox - FFS is your job as a footballer to run around on a Sat and play football.
    I think I will go to work next week and tell the boss I'm a bit fatigued please let me stay at home - you could imagine the response !!!

I'd say goodbye to Forde as well as Cumming as they are simply not good enough.

I'd also see what our £300k left back has to offer. Painless Potter isn't worth thinking about but we're distressingly light in the striking department. So far the Blade has cut little ice, club number 13 is beckoning for Smith and as for Ball? can anyone remember the last time he scored or looked remotely threatening?

So who is to blame apart from TS and PW? It's fairly obvious to me. That barsted Solly of Charlton who cut down Proctor so early in the season. Unfair as my best mate is an ardent Addicks fan? distraught by their lacklustre season so far? Maybe. Maybe not.

I wonder if there's been a bit of behind the scenes pressure on Warne to play Cummings?

Considering Emmanuel is a loan player and Cummings was a full signing.

Maybe TS has asked why we signed him if management had no desire to play him?

Also would Emmanuel be available for play off games? Does the loan agreement have that factor built in or does he go back after game 46?

I seem to remember that Cummings was signed for one year only, maybe Warne wants to extend that but the player is resisting because he isn't playing?

Who knows but Tuesday night's change seemed illogical and by most fans views very unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post

So who is to blame apart from TS and PW? It's fairly obvious to me. That barsted Solly of Charlton who cut down Proctor so early in the season. Unfair as my best mate is an ardent Addicks fan? distraught by their lacklustre season so far? Maybe. Maybe not.
    That act certainly made a huge difference to our season. I thought that the squad had eventually recovered from it and the the long unbeaten run was proof of it but we do seem to be running around like headless chichens in midfield now.

If Proctor is fit enough and can form form straight away I would be delighted.

We have had different players hitting form throughout the season that have made a difference to the team. Earlier on there was Taylor who was the cosest thing we've seen to Towner for a long time yet still a long way off.
    Frecklingtom who's return to the team and form set us going on the run and his shock sale may still bite us on the bum. Hopefully Palmer can be seen has his perminent replacement.
    Towell and Vaulks have played well but have constantly left a hole in midfiled that was exployted by Rochdale who just sat in there and played the ball simply around them whn the ran towards them trying to close them down.
    Newell has been brilliant on the ball drifting passed players.

All these things that haven't worked in the last two matches. May be a new formation is needed with different players brought back into the team but not too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    I'd say goodbye to Forde as well as Cumming as they are simply not good enough.

I'd also see what our £300k left back has to offer. Painless Potter isn't worth thinking about but we're distressingly light in the striking department. So far the Blade has cut little ice, club number 13 is beckoning for Smith and as for Ball? can anyone remember the last time he scored or looked remotely threatening?

Agree with this comment. Was very harsh to drop Emmanuel for Cummings, who I am yet to see what he can actually offer to the team yet. Rustiness is an awful excuse, he's a professional athlete who trains several times a week.

I think Forde has been the most consistently worst player for us this season. When hes on form he's great but I can count on one hand how many good performances hes had this season. We might as well had a big "ATTACK HERE" target down the entire right side of the team on Tuesday

I'd keep Emmanuel, Ajayi and Mattock in defense and drop Wood for Vaulks then Palmer take Vaulks place then bring in Taylor for Forde and put Ball back in, his form has dropped but he's still better than Lavery. It won't happen but that's what he should do

Anthony Forde, 8 assists, 3 goals.
    Obviously he shouldn't be anywhere near the side should he 😕

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Anthony Forde, 8 assists, 3 goals.
    Obviously he shouldn't be anywhere near the side should he 😕
    I see your point but just as Warne expects Emmanuel to defend and get forward to help the attack there's a similar requirement for Forde to help the defence and get back when needed. Like Newell he hasn't really got a tackle and leaves the full back exposed. Emmanuel had compensated for this but Cummings hasn't yet got used to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast