+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wigan, Shrewsbury.. Game in hand watch..

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    ha
    If you actually look back I have been 100% consistent in my views. Early on, when we had a few bad results and everyone was saying we would go down, I just said give it time, we will come good. We did.
    Early on everyone slated the likes of Dack, I always said he would get around 20 goals, and create loads. He has, and he will.
    I said we won't lose many games, we haven't.
    I said when Armstrong came in, he would get a dozen or so goals, he will.
    I said we will go up, we will.

I don't just 'change my opinion' like the wind. You do.
    After we beat Wimbeldon (go look at your comment, if not I will bump it for you, as you need a reminder) you said you fully expect us to go up now?
    Since then we have won every game and drawn just once, with Wigan, which kept them further behind us. In that same time Wigan have drawn 2 and won just once.

So you say I am emotional? After you said that a few weeks back, and have picked up max points since, why the sudden change of opinion? Because Wigan won for the first time in weeks?

And you say I am driven by emotion?
    I have been 100% consistent in my views over the whole season, and never wavered once. Despite the odd (and I do mean odd!!!!!!!! Your clutching at straws to find the odd poor result) result, I have never not once changed my opinion.
    Calm down for crying out loud, we are on the same side. The only way is which we differ is by a minor margin. I also don't make outlandish statements like we'll stuff Wigan at ewood, then look a bit foolish when we don't.

No, you just look stupid every week.

We wont beat Pompey they are too tough

WRONG!!!

we wont beat Wimbeldon - we wont match their physical power

WRONG!!!

I keep telling you, but you wont listen.
    Your wrong almost every week. You aren't on my side pal, you clearly don't give a ****e about Rovers.
    Your doing this to bait me, and when I say anything back you say 'stop crying'

seriously pal .....**** rite off as I'm not having it ....go do that on Claretsmad I cant be arsed with you
    Last edited by champs95; 16-03-2018 at 04:47 PM.

In saxos defence I think I said pompey would be too strong 😁
    As you were champs carry on😂

Shrewsbury are back in the mix after their away win today.. Guess it's going down to the wire and which two teams will hold their nerve over the last few games..Going to be a good run in to the season.. I'm with Champs and think that Rovers are a cut above the other two,but not sure who will go up with them..Probably Wigan ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Shrewsbury are back in the mix after their away win today.. Guess it's going down to the wire and which two teams will hold their nerve over the last few games..Going to be a good run in to the season.. I'm with Champs and think that Rovers are a cut above the other two,but not sure who will go up with them..Probably Wigan ..
    I have to say I'm a bit nervous. I'm not superstitious in general, but Sc*nthorpe missing that penalty seems like a bad omen.
    I suppose the play-offs would add to the excitement.

I get that everyone is worried. This will go down to the wire this. I don't think anyones wheels will totally fall off.
    Personally I don't want us relying on anyone elses results as we should go up on merit. All we can do is piuck up maximum points in our games, and let the other results take care of themselves.
    People always forget, teams have to play one another (eg Rotherham still need points and still need to play Wigan) which will affect things. We don't have any of those 6-pointers. And we have already done our bit.

Another thing to factor, as it WILL be very close. GD will also be worth a point. Shrewsbury and all the others wont catch us. We are 5 behind Wigan. We really could do with a BIG win to claw that back.
    What wont happen is, all 3 sides will win every game. Someone will drop points between now and the end. You looking at things now, that will potentially be a problem.
    Yes its a blow with Chapman. Lets be honest, we got to the top of the league without him, so it should not de-rail us. It would have been nice to have him back, but that's football, you have to get on with it. If Powell's hamstring injury gets worse, Wigan would really miss him. They have a lot of games to play, in a very short space of time. They will need to be going into that full strength, and they aren't.
    This is going to run on and on, and likely will only be decided in the final week. It calls for calm heads. Which is why I back us.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Had we played on sat the gap would be bigger and nobody would be ****ting themselves.
    Shrewsbury had a great result, and did v well to come back.
    They now need to do it again tomorrow, and again on sat, and again the following week. They cant afford to draw many games, they have to win win win win .....good luck with that!
    They have 2 very easy winnable games now this week. An easy 6 points, which looking at their remaining fixtures, these 2 are about as easy as they will have. I expect them to win both and really ramp up the pressure. If they don't, then the pressure will mount on them.
    I'll start worrying once it is mathematically impossible for us to get in the top 2. Which means BOTH Wigan and Shrewsbury go and win every game. If they do that, then there isnt a great deal we can do. And there will be 3 sides in the top 3 all approaching 90-96 points which is unheard of in any division. The team who finish 3rd would consider themselves unbelievably unlucky if so. Until then, all you can do is support the lads.
    Who crucially wont be losing their heads, or ****ting themselves. We arent relying on last minute goals every week, or the oppo missing penalty ect. We easily beat most sides we comes across.
    Last edited by champs95; 19-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.

I'm also surprised we haven't had a 4+ goals victory yet, Champs.
    To make things clear, I'm not worried in terms of quality, temperament or managership. It's the indefinable and unexpected that hangs over me.
    I honestly think if Bowyer had had a bit more luck, he might have survived. The number of times we hit the woodwork or got shocking refereeing decisions while he was managing definitely seemed to defy the law of averages.
    Saxo will probably tell me there's no such thing as luck, but I'm too old to accept that! I think it does even out in the end, but not always within one football season.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 45 points is enough to survive in the Championship this year. We went down with 51!
    Coming back to the current position, I agree we shouldn't be hoping for other clubs to slip up, but it's human nature. Wigan's late winner was an example of how fate can seem to be against you.
    All the same, I agree with you that it might well be that a stroke of luck occurs which FAVOURS us. A win for Northampton tonight would be a good start.
    I expect my brother-in-law will be there, so I will be sending him a supportive e-mail. I might even promise him a bottle of Scotch for a Cobblers win!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm also surprised we haven't had a 4+ goals victory yet, Champs.
    To make things clear, I'm not worried in terms of quality, temperament or managership. It's the indefinable and unexpected that hangs over me.
    I honestly think if Bowyer had had a bit more luck, he might have survived. The number of times we hit the woodwork or got shocking refereeing decisions while he was managing definitely seemed to defy the law of averages.
    Saxo will probably tell me there's no such thing as luck, but I'm too old to accept that! I think it does even out in the end, but not always within one football season.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 45 points is enough to survive in the Championship this year. We went down with 51!
    Coming back to the current position, I agree we shouldn't be hoping for other clubs to slip up, but it's human nature. Wigan's late winner was an example of how fate can seem to be against you.
    All the same, I agree with you that it might well be that a stroke of luck occurs which FAVOURS us. A win for Northampton tonight would be a good start.
    I expect my brother-in-law will be there, so I will be sending him a supportive e-mail. I might even promise him a bottle of Scotch for a Cobblers win!

That still rankles me a little, the whole 51 points thing. We where so unlucky as everyone laughed at us. This season we have had to endure this, and look like getting 90-95 points easily, which still wouldn't be enough. This division last season was pretty poor standard wise. And Bolton got up without really playing well, and never pushed Sheff Utd, or got chased down. For the simple fact we are where we are now is pretty damn good. At no point have we sulked or bemoaned our unbelievable bad luck. The ONLY reason we had a few off results early on, was the fall out of being relegated last season, which is pretty understandable. Plus half the team was new and needed time to gel. Had Lenihan been fit all season, we would be a good 10-12 points clear by now, such is the importance he has to our defence. Mowbrays record since coming in to Rovers has been excellent. I cant think of any other manager who will have had his win %. And still he has relegation and potential to miss out on auto.

I am taking a slightly different view on these games we don't control with our rivals playing the next two nights. I FULLY expect us to be 3rd by the time we play Bradford. My biggest concern, we are getting screwed by international managers. NI's manager has decided to not pick Will Grigg, as he didn't want to disrupt his promotion push with Wigan. Bless his little cotton socks!!!! But he picks Evans, not that I like him, but still??
    Mulgrew is getting dragged to some far away place to play for Scotland 2 days before our Bradford game! For a fkng friendly. That worries me.
    But as in Wigan and Shrewsbury, they wont get a set of easier fixtures. Both have to get 6 points form the next 2 games, if not .......oh dear. I cant see it, I think for now we will have to make do with being 3rd again for a while. I expect at least a 2/3 goal margin for Shrewsbury tonight, and an easy 3/4 goal win for Wigan tomorrow as they both really ramp up the pressure on us.

The international's will be crucial to us in particular the second Scottish one
    2 days before the Bradford game
    I believe Mowbray has had a word with Alex McLeish about looking after his captain
    We also should cast am eye on the republic of Ireland as both Williams and lenihan are involved
    They are key to us like mulgrew is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)