+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ot those who voted for labour

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Did you agree with Champion's choice of words in her article Kerr? Would you say that to use the words "Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls" is a fair and responsible statement to make?

For the record, I really like Champion, fell her anger and know where she's coming from. But was this the wisest choice of words, when I think even she was horrified to see them used on far white web sites.

Difficult, but I think tone is important in a difficult and Target heated facial climate that I think is unfairly hitting innocent people. It wasn't a heat of moment interview, it was a newspaper column. Were they wise words to use you think?
    I think Champion’s comments were both fair and responsible. Why wouldn’t I?

On the fairness point, are you saying that Britain doesn’t have a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls? I would suggest that the significant number of recent cases would fly in the face of such an assertion. Had Champion said that all British Pakistani men are child abusers then that would clearly have been unfair. If she had said that British Pakistani men are more likely than any other group to abuse children that too would have been unfair in the absence of any evidence to support such a claim (a point I kind of made upon another thread a few days ago).

On the responsible point, I’m not sure what you are driving at. How can it be irresponsible to make what appears to be an accurate statement? Sure, it would be picked up by the far right, but they hardly need any encouragement to hold the views that they do. In the words of that great sage of the current day, Taylor Swift: ‘haters gonna hate’.

I’d suggest that what would be irresponsible would be to deny, or remain silent about, a factual position simply for political expediency or for risk of causing hurt to the feelings of a minority. That sort of behaviour didn’t help Rotherham Council to deal with the abuse that was taking place within the town.

It’s the ability of the Left to deny the truth that constantly leaves the Labour Party in a morally compromised position: they can apologise for the UK’s involvement in slavery, even though no one alive today participated in it, but seemingly can’t say aloud that there is a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls.

The first step to dealing with an issue is to identify it. The Independent Inquiry into Child *** Abuse run by Professor Jay has just finished hearing evidence in relation to the abuse of children within the Anglican Church. Quite rightly, the Inquiry didn’t *****foot about for the sake of avoiding hurt feelings. From what I hear, the church representatives who gave evidence got a hard time, which is what is needed. Identifying the issue within the Anglican Church is both fair and responsible and does not cast a slur upon every Protestant. I don’t see why abuse from any other part of society should get an easy ride.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 18-03-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hope Im up with the news on this!!. Rotherham fastest growing Town / City economy in Yorkshire and 8th fastest in Britain.
    Well if that is the case I suppose it's better late than never.

As far as I knew it was still a depressed unemployment blackspot famous for grooming gangs and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hope Im up with the news on this!!. Rotherham fastest growing Town / City economy in Yorkshire and 8th fastest in Britain.
    And under a nasty Tory Govt too, the Corbynistas will be choking on their wheat free cornflakes

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    And under a nasty Tory Govt too, the Corbynistas will be choking on their wheat free cornflakes
    The Labour leadership certainly isn’t short of corn.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234