+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ot those who voted for labour

Silly, get what you are saying sort of. Personally I think that parliamentary democracy is becoming a poor form of peoples representation demonstrated for me by the dwindling numbers of people who tend to vote in general at elections and the numbers of people who have confidence in the system as a means of representation..There is very little politically speaking between the parliamentary parties . The emergence of Corbyn has at least given a slightly different party to vote for whether you want to vote for him or not. The Blair years were just another arm of Thatcherism and were just a slightly softer version of monetary policies.I think the emergence of devolution could become a way forward for democracy ie more locally based and therefore
    policies are more meaningful to voters because they have a more direct impact on rheir lives.. Arguably political accountability would be greater then. I dunno. What do others think?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-03-2018 at 10:03 PM.

The problem with the system we have is it's not democratic. A staunch Tory voter who lives in South Yorkshire is wasting their vote, same applies to a Labour voter down south. what we end up with at most General Elections is a government running the country who 65% of the electorate haven't voted for. Its time we had a system of P.R where 50% of the electorates vote is required to form a government so when you cast your vote it actually counts for something. It works in other countries why can't it work here ?

Perhaps people voted Labour in Rotherham because they can see Operation Stovewood is actually working.
    Prosecution's and not just from the Muslim community, more to come in 2018.
    Near enough 30+ new Labour candidates last time not involved with whats happened in the past.
    Perhaps people looked at the candidates and voted accordingly.
    A poor campaign by UKIP as well, although they did get the publicity at the time.
    Don't worry though, unless it's altered the whole Rotherham Council will be up for re-election in 2020, another costly exercise for tax payers.

Quote Originally Posted by miller172 View Post
    The problem with the system we have is it's not democratic. A staunch Tory voter who lives in South Yorkshire is wasting their vote, same applies to a Labour voter down south. what we end up with at most General Elections is a government running the country who 65% of the electorate haven't voted for. Its time we had a system of P.R where 50% of the electorates vote is required to form a government so when you cast your vote it actually counts for something. It works in other countries why can't it work here ?
    To get around this "problem" I heard of a way to make all votes count. Keep first past the post for the MP and then have PR for the House of Lords, which would then become a true fully elected second chamber. One election elects both houses at the same time keeping costs down.

Regarding RBC, I think any council or government that has been in power for many years should be voted out as this encourages new thinking when/if they are re-elected.

Power to the people, as one great thinker used to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Oh I agree (it’s miners btw) however the Tory party was directly responsible for the beat up miners and the closing of the steel works and pits. The Labour Party are responsible for having their heads up their arses and until you catch a Labour mp from rotherham messing around with a young underage girl Labour will still get in.

I will always be a neutral voter siding with one party reguardless of policy’s just seems wrong to me.

Also iv been saying this for years but we need a new party to run against Tory’s and labour but even if one emerges they will get Rupert Murdocks propaganda on them I would wager.

You seriously should watch v for vendetta (it’s fictional but it gives you some incite to the nasty sides to politics)
    Hahahaha, no I don’t think any labour MP would have been caught messing around with kids, likewise I don’t think there were any Tory MPs smashing truncheons round miners heads.

Rotherham councils inadequacy could have lead to more rapes.

There is no one in country doing more to resolve the problem of csa than Sarah Champion. So I would vote her in again.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    There is no one in country doing more to resolve the problem of csa than Sarah Champion. So I would vote her in again.
    Increased majority as well Chai.
    That's what some people can't understand.
    Not against having a more balanced Council, Greens, Cons, Libs, Kippers and quite a few Independents.
    Sometimes complacency doesn't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes I remember her speaking out about this then she was stamped on for her comments by the Labour party. She's still getting abuse now from the Muslim communities of Rotherham.

So why are the Oligarchs donating substantial sums of money to the Tory Party and what do they get back in return ?

This question was raised the other night on QT and I'm still waiting for an answer .

Anybody else got a view on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So why are the Oligarchs donating substantial sums of money to the Tory Party and what do they get back in return ?

This question was raised the other night on QT and I'm still waiting for an answer .

Anybody else got a view on this ?
    Everyone has something to gain union pull strings on Labour the more members union get the more money for labour, same with Tory party the more money the privileged few get the more money Tory’s get, if you look at who bought the shares in Royal Mail when Davy boy made it public the majority was bought by consortiums owned by Tory party and the backers.

Politics are all bent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast