+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I am really looking forward to the remaining 12 games of our season
    Have you managed to get a Porky to sell you their Wembley hotel room booking yet Mr B?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Have you managed to get a Porky to sell you their Wembley hotel room booking yet Mr B?
    It wud have to be Tango's bed for Blockmod to fit in it Gray. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    A 80 points target is just speculation and over complicating it B58, the fact of the matter is that we’re 2 points off 6th and 3 off 5th with all the teams having 9 games to play. Are we really saying that making up 2 or 3 points over 9 games is a bridge too far?

We’ve as much chance as anybody else from 5 down IMO buddy, and they’ll be a few ups and downs fkr a few teams yet.
    Well argued. However the only team above us looking like dropping any significant points is Derby. Thy still have Wolves, Cardiff, Boro, Villa and Preston still to play which could easily see them miss out. Shame we don't get to play them again!

I reckon we need at least 76 points to pip Preston and Derby to 6th place. That's 4 wins and 5 draws with no defeats. Possible?
    Last edited by GuancheBlade; 15-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    I reckon we need at least 76 points to pip Preston and Derby to 6th place. That's 4 wins and 5 draws with no defeats. Possible?
    We don't really do draws. Think of it as 6 wins out of 9.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We don't really do draws. Think of it as 6 wins out of 9.
    I can't see us winning 6 of the remaining fixtures though. 5 wins 2 draws 2 defeats maybe?

5 wins and 2 draws might be enough

Difficult games against PNE, Millwall, Brizzie and Brentford are must win. I think we will fall just short but you never know.

disagree about brentford and brizzle bfl we could draw or even lose one of them its the home games weve got to win really fancy boro to get in play offs think it will be us preston or derby for 6th spot

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    disagree about brentford and brizzle bfl we could draw or even lose one of them its the home games weve got to win really fancy boro to get in play offs think it will be us preston or derby for 6th spot
    Spot on mate.

Boro's got an easy run in and Derby have the hardest, plus they usually fade away towards the end.

Home v Preston is KEY. That is the must win game of the season for us.

with derbys remaining fixtures looking tough they might not reach 76 points boro should get there touch on go wether we make that figure but its gonna be a very exciting end to the season do think home games are gonna be the key then anything we can pick up on the road will be a bonus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast