+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Play offs

I think we need eighty points to be sure..maybe a bit less.

Can we get eighty points is the question ?

Personaly already think been a great season especially the duffy goal silencing the bounces..

Cheers

john

if we need 80 points, I think we can forget it

21 points from a possible 27 and averaging more than 2 points per game is a bridge too far for me

Still to play:

Boro
    Preston
    Brizzle
    Cardiff
    Milwall
    Brentford

Could be wrong and I hope I am, but alas

Whoever finishes 6th won't need 80 points. Probably won't need that for 5th. Look at Derbys run in and their normal crash and burn end of season.

If we beat The Scabs we are aiming for 6th or 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post

21 points from a possible 27 and averaging more than 2 points per game is a bridge too far for me

Still to play:

Boro
    Preston
    Brizzle
    Cardiff
    Milwall
    Brentford

you missed the MIGHTY REDS off your list Blade 58 , so that's 24 pts from 30 , good luck

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post

Still to play:

Boro
    Preston
    Brizzle
    Cardiff
    Milwall
    Brentford

A 80 points target is just speculation and over complicating it B58, the fact of the matter is that we’re 2 points off 6th and 3 off 5th with all the teams having 9 games to play. Are we really saying that making up 2 or 3 points over 9 games is a bridge too far?

We’ve as much chance as anybody else from 5 down IMO buddy, and they’ll be a few ups and downs fkr a few teams yet.

I'm expecting it to be just out of reach this time, but you never know for sure till its happened..!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I'm expecting it to be just out of reach this time, but you never know for sure till its happened..!
    That’s probably my gut feeling but there’s no reason on earth why we can’t make it. I looked at the league table on Sky after the game and I thought WOW. What a fantastic first season back, anything else is a bonus, but our gap is minimal, we just need to hit some consistency, not getting all 3 points at Ipswich was a big loss because I think they’ll be a good source of points for most teams now.

As for the Darkside, they’re saying that the 8 points gap will more than see them safe, but a couple off losses on the back of a couple of wins for Brum and/or Burton and they really will be right in the mire. Blades Glory Owls Down anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    That’s probably my gut feeling but there’s no reason on earth why we can’t make it. I looked at the league table on Sky after the game and I thought WOW. What a fantastic first season back, anything else is a bonus, but our gap is minimal, we just need to hit some consistency, not getting all 3 points at Ipswich was a big loss because I think they’ll be a good source of points for most teams now.

As for the Darkside, they’re saying that the 8 points gap will more than see them safe, but a couple off losses on the back of a couple of wins for Brum and/or Burton and they really will be right in the mire. Blades Glory Owls Down anyone?
    Yes, while its possible, we have to give it everything. But I feel it important that if we come up short, no-one has any real grounds for disappointment or criticism. It might be an 'if only' season, but we've done wonderfully well.

The oinkers are talking about being safe now, but I think they are a bit premature too. Sunderland are gone, but Burton are capable of a result or three, and with the new manager effect at Birmingham, well, I think I'd be waiting for mathematical certainty. I still think they need another 4 points and with their present form, four points is quite a lot to ask.

still think 76 might be enough would expect boro to beat that but derby floundering as usual this time of season so 6th is still a possibility as a betting man i would put us 40 to 60 to get in play offs but still been a fantastic season bring on the scabs !!!

I am really looking forward to the remaining 12 games of our season

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast