+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    with derbys remaining fixtures looking tough they might not reach 76 points boro should get there touch on go wether we make that figure but its gonna be a very exciting end to the season do think home games are gonna be the key then anything we can pick up on the road will be a bonus
    Everybody listen to this man!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Difficult games against PNE, Millwall, Brizzie and Brentford are must win. I think we will fall just short but you never know.
    we'll smash Preston at home if we are still in with a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    we'll smash Preston at home if we are still in with a shout.
    How exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    How exactly?
    By scoring more goals than them,something we have done frequently this season,hence our league position

A few games ago I would have agreed with the notion the we just don't "Do Draws" but lately there seems to be a mentality creeping into our games that a draw will do as we would have settled for more draws at the start of the season,

This is why it looks to a lot of people that our season is spluttering to a halt as we are wasting opportunities by our recent draws which is true.

Ipswich away was an example of this as we always looked capable of stepping up a gear but yet we as fans were even more frustrated at the fact that we never addressed the issue and almost accepted the draw which would have been unthinkable pre- January.

The same was evident at the Forest game as whilst we failed to kill the game off in the final third there seemed again to be a mentality that avoiding defeat would also not be the end of the world.

It pains me to say it but an abundance of draws from here on in will actually cost us as opposed to saving us which again, we would have been satisfied with back in August/September.

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    A few games ago I would have agreed with the notion the we just don't "Do Draws" but lately there seems to be a mentality creeping into our games that a draw will do as we would have settled for more draws at the start of the season,

This is why it looks to a lot of people that our season is spluttering to a halt as we are wasting opportunities by our recent draws which is true.

Ipswich away was an example of this as we always looked capable of stepping up a gear but yet we as fans were even more frustrated at the fact that we never addressed the issue and almost accepted the draw which would have been unthinkable pre- January.

The same was evident at the Forest game as whilst we failed to kill the game off in the final third there seemed again to be a mentality that avoiding defeat would also not be the end of the world.

It pains me to say it but an abundance of draws from here on in will actually cost us as opposed to saving us which again, we would have been satisfied with back in August/September.

UTB
    On Saturday you cannot accuse Christopher of settling for a draw,he took a defender off and brought Brooks and Holmes on,leaving us vulnerable to a counter attack,Flecky bless him had to take one for the team when he brought that little fat lad down,who was bearing down on our goal,because we were so committed to trying for the victory

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post

UTB
    At Ipswich maybe but definitely not against Forest. We drew because we passed when we should have shot and shot when we should have passed. Played a good portion with three No 10s on the pitch so I don't think the team can be accused of playing for a draw, just incapable of securing a victory!

The players seem to be less confident than CW.

He's still having a go, making positive substitutions, setting up to attack whilst the players SEEM to be letting the pressure of expectation/ opportunity get to them.

Can he get the message across to them that it's a free hit this season, they've already done better than expected ,so go out there and pretend it's the first 8 games, not the last 8?

its an 8 game free hit now your right tt odds are against us making it to the play offs so might as well just go for it and i think chris will be saying this to the players our problem however is scoring goals just now were just not doing it in that final third and i think that will probably do for us in the end

I know you seem to be all thinking Derby because of their fixture list for the rest of the season but in my head we can easily catch both Boro and Derby. Boro fixtures ain’t a walk in the park either and of their last 8 fixtures 5 are tough as they have Wolves, Sheff U, Brizzles, Derby and Millwall. It could end up Both of us in the play-offs but let’s be honest here it’s realistically 6 teams fighting for two spots, what a crackin last 8-9 games it’s going to be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast