+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    I know you seem to be all thinking Derby because of their fixture list for the rest of the season but in my head we can easily catch both Boro and Derby. Boro fixtures ain’t a walk in the park either and of their last 8 fixtures 5 are tough as they have Wolves, Sheff U, Brizzles, Derby and Millwall. It could end up Both of us in the play-offs but let’s be honest here it’s realistically 6 teams fighting for two spots, what a crackin last 8-9 games it’s going to be.
    And look whose coming up on the rails, the Lions of London. To think that back in Sept when we beat Leeds at the Den we were down at the bottom and Leeds were top and now we are above them in the table despite them spending all those millions in Jan. So for us it has been a great season and the Blades also have done so well 1st season back. By taking James Meridith from Bradford in the Summer he says it was the best move he ever made because now he can fulfil his dream of going to the world cup along with our other Aussie Tim Cahill.

If we can win our next away game it will be a club record as we have won 6 on the trot.

Two teams in far far better nick than ourselves right now. And we have to play both as well as Boro and Cardiff. Expectations tempered.

We'll do well to win another home game all 4 are tough games with all the teams in better nick than us,yes could win them all but something drastic has to change from what's happened in the last month I'm not saying it can't happen but I won't be holding my breath

This isn't being defeatist I'll still be backing them to the end I just feel it's more realistic,and I will expect the players to fight till the bitter end after all that's what they're paid to do,compete for the entirety of each and every game

i think theres two major factors if were to sneak in to the play offs the obvious one is the boy wonder know he was poor when he came on against forest but he is a matchwinner no doubt about it and hoping that leon recaptures his early season form if this doesnt happen its gonna be very difficult to get in there that final third as ive said plenty of times on here is our big problem rest of team is fine imo utb ftp

SOB, it's SOB- sh!t or bust!

just go for it and hope everyone's firing.

CW- tell them to shoot on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    On Saturday you cannot accuse Christopher of settling for a draw,he took a defender off and brought Brooks and Holmes on,leaving us vulnerable to a counter attack,Flecky bless him had to take one for the team when he brought that little fat lad down,who was bearing down on our goal,because we were so committed to trying for the victory
    i wa gonna say same but couldnt be bothered,not once have we settled for a draw and to be honest if we had we,d have been in a better position. wilder takes defenders of against forrest and puts forwards on,how on earth is that settling for a draw. it may seem this way ,because quite simply we have ran out of steam,we,ve used up almost all our first season back energy/nerves that gives you that extra yard. look at the players that started of brilliantly most of em have failed to reach that early season form for the past few month. next season will be a reight test unless we buy in some better quality and championship experience

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234