+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Day 3

Cheltenham Day 3

Well, Day 2 went a lot better than I had feared (2 win, 2 place) and at least Altior found the afterburners.

Day 3's loss makers look a bit like this.

1:30 Invitation Only
    2:10 Delta Work ew
    2:50 Cue Card
    3:30 Yanworth
    4:10 Tully East ew
    4:50 Laurina
    5:30 Squouateur

I'm trying to work out whether Cue Card is a sentimental bet or not, and I think not (but what is sport without sentiment in any case). I know Un de Sceaux prefers it soft, although it looks like that is all it will be, but Cue Card is running well within his distance and I think he still has that turn of foot. I just think UdS is about 2f past his best distance. Yanworth, on the other hand is bang on his best distance but let's hope he's not the big fat lump who blew up in last year's Champion Hurdle (coked to the lids).

Can't say I've got much confidence in today's selections, but most are with free bets earned on day one, so a second bite of the cherry with no extra financial outlay:

1:30 Finian's Oscar
    2:10 Delta Work
    2:50 In De Sceaux
    3:30 Supasundae
    4:10 Traffic Fluide (e/w)
    4:50 Maria's Benefit
    5:30 Missed Approach

I'll be interested to see if the sad tw@t from Mexico makes an appearance on this thread. He'll wait until the results are known, and if I've picked a winner or two he'll remain under his stone. If I've picked 7 losers, he be all over it like a rash!

1.30 West Approach
    2.10 Lovenormoney
    2.50 Cue Card
    3.30 Sam Spinner
    4.10 Kings Socks
    4.50 Laurina
    5.30Band of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't say I've got much confidence in today's selections, but most are with free bets earned on day one, so a second bite of the cherry with no extra financial outlay:

I'll be interested to see if the sad tw@t from Mexico makes an appearance on this thread. He'll wait until the results are known, and if I've picked a winner or two he'll remain under his stone. If I've picked 7 losers, he be all over it like a rash!
    If you cannot take a bit of fun Mr Snobbers, then there is no hope for you......tut tut "sad tw@t"?.....next you will be gobbing out the window at passers~by....I await the first race with interest......are these £10 bets with one at £5 ew? if so I will add up your losses for you...ooops sorry, I meant winnings

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    If you cannot take a bit of fun Mr Snobbers, then there is no hope for you......tut tut "sad [email]tw@t"?.....next you will be gobbing out the window at passers~by....I await the first race with interest......are these £10 bets with one at £5 ew? if so I will add up your losses for you...ooops sorry, I meant winnings
    A variety of fivers and tenners, but 6 of them are free bets, so any losses will be minimal.

A variety of fivers and tenners, but 6 of them are free bets, so any losses will be minimal.
    Yes I got the bit about free bets, but for the sake of argument we must assume that this is real money you are betting with.....if not, what is the point in betting on horses unless you get free bets?

I am trying to make a serious point here.....are you saying that betting on horses, and making a profit, is only possible if people scour the internet looking for free deals?

My local newsagent only had the Sun left today, so I picked one up.

I was surprised to see Mystic Meg giving her tips for today’s races at Cheltenham. I didn’t realise she was still going!

Her tip for the first race was Shattered Love, a 4/1 winner.

Does the answer lie in the stars?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I am trying to make a serious point here.....are you saying that betting on horses, and making a profit, is only possible if people scour the internet looking for free deals?
    CLINK! Is that the sound of a penny finally dropping? That's what I've been banging on about for weeks, although I would say good deals rather than free deals. Take the first at Cheltenham - I had £10 real money on Finian's Oscar (jumped like a stuffed pig) because Skybet were offering a free bet refund on all losers, so I haven't lost anything until the free bet bet is redeemed, and even then I get a second chance to pick a winner. Place every bet on standard terms and you need to be really good to win, but if you're selective and take the time and trouble to search out the offers it becomes much easier. Today Ladbrokes offered a £10 free bet on the last 6 races if you placed £20 on the first. That's £80 worth of bets for a £20 stake! I couldn't take advantage as it was for new customers only, but that sort of offer is how all my accounts started.

Not a bad looking bunch there Elite... I had 1 winner and 2 places from 4 races yesterday so all in all it wasn't a bad day... your tip on Altior was worth watching and I threw 30 on it for the win so a decent comeback on that.. actually had a load of luck on the racing in Huntington yesterday, 3 wins from 4 races so have some funds to loose on Cheltenham today

CLINK! Is that the sound of a penny finally dropping? That's what I've been banging on about for weeks, although I would say good deals rather than free deals. Take the first at Cheltenham - I had £10 real money on Finian's Oscar (jumped like a stuffed pig) because Skybet were offering a free bet refund on all losers, so I haven't lost anything until the free bet bet is redeemed, and even then I get a second chance to pick a winner. Place every bet on standard terms and you need to be really good to win, but if you're selective and take the time and trouble to search out the offers it becomes much easier. Today Ladbrokes offered a £10 free bet on the last 6 races if you placed £20 on the first. That's £80 worth of bets for a £20 stake! I couldn't take advantage as it was for new customers only, but that sort of offer is how all my accounts started.
    On to the second race tarquin, and two perfect examples of taking advantage of offers. Firstly, the £10 staked was a free bet from Tuesday, so the 'loser' you referred to on that day has just returned £100 due to the second offer - best price guarantee meant I was paid out at 10/1 rather than the 6/1 SP. Watch and learn son, watch and learn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast