+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    On to the second race tarquin, and two perfect examples of taking advantage of offers. Firstly, the £10 staked was a free bet from Tuesday, so the 'loser' you referred to on that day has just returned £100 due to the second offer - best price guarantee meant I was paid out at 10/1 rather than the 6/1 SP. Watch and learn son, watch and learn.

2 out of 7 today?.....I feel that you are definitely making progress, a 100% improvement since Monday.....well done.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    2 out of 7 today?.....I feel that you are definitely making progress, a 100% improvement since Monday.....well done.
    Hey Tarqs to be honest 2 from 7 ain't too bad considering the 2 horses returned at 6/1 and 8/1

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Hey Tarqs to be honest 2 from 7 ain't too bad considering the 2 horses returned at 6/1 and 8/1
    Thanks Irish, another brilliant day for your boys with 6 of the 7 winners, you must have some good grass over there!

At the risk of repeating myself, I must add only a mug would have got 6/1 and 8/1. Due to the' best price offer' that I rarely bet without, I got 10/1 on both. If tarquin is thinking of another "he claims he got 10/1, mmmmmm......" post, I can easily copy the account statements.

Thanks Irish, another brilliant day for your boys with 6 of the 7 winners, you must have some good grass over there!

At the risk of repeating myself, I must add only a mug would have got 6/1 and 8/1. Due to the' best price offer' that I rarely bet without, I got 10/1 on both. If tarquin is thinking of another "he claims he got 10/1, mmmmmm......" post, I can easily copy the account statements.
    The Irish are having a hell of a time over there this year Elite, as for the prices... I am on Paddypower here and backed the 2 of them just before the off so to be honest I was happy with both odds... had 2 other losers today so came through 50 quid up along with 80 from yesterday so it's enough for a decent Paddy's day for me Looking forward to your picks for tomorrow

No need to copy~n~paste......I have already said well done....as Irish has already stated, anyone who can pick 2 slightly unfancied runners, has done very well...ok?

Maybe the wife can take you clothes shopping with your winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Maybe the wife can take you clothes shopping with your winnings.
    I'm not saying I looked smart, but at the course I was approached by someone who asked if I would be interested in modelling for an upmarket 'mature man' fashion catalogue.

I turned them down, saying I wanted to be respected for my intellect rather than simply being seen as a *** object.

I'm not saying I looked smart, but at the course I was approached by someone who asked if I would be interested in modelling for an upmarket 'mature man' fashion catalogue.

I turned them down, saying I wanted to be respected for my intellect rather than simply being seen as a *** object.
    And I believe every word me old shipmate. Well I wouldn't want an argument to break out over fashion! I think we've flogged this one.

Cracking reply Elite, you and Tarqs should sort out your differences because you both post funny and sometimes intelligent comments the baiting ando slanging goes on a bit at times

Quote Originally Posted by magpiekev View Post
    the baiting ando slanging goes on a bit at times
    You're probably right kev, and even though I'm involved in less arguments lately, I know I should maybe bite my tongue a bit more often. It would be a dull board however without the numerous tiffs, and contrary to popular belief most of them don't involve me. I can't deny I've enjoyed this Cheltenham thread spat with tarquin, because they usually peter out with no winner and no conclusion. This one is different - it must be obvious to everyone that tarquin leaves the ring severely bruised and battered, while I walk out without a scratch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast