+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Players Ratings

Our Players Ratings

This is no scientific, it doesn't bear in mind the level of opposition, or what the rest of our team was, but here are the average points gained per match for our players.

I have ignored little cameos at the end of games too.

Lennon 1.866
    Westwood 1.853
    Wood 1.827
    Ward 1.808
    Lowton 1.784
    Brady 1.762
    Defour 1.630
    Tarkowski 1.591
    JBG 1.425
    Cork 1.423
    Pope 1.391
    Hendrick 1.361
    Heaton 1.333
    Mee 1.321
    Barnes 1.289
    Long 1.200
    Vokes 1.187
    Arfield 1.158
    Bardsley 1.043
    Taylor 0.733

I think they are all very decent figures, except Charlie - who certainly didn't let us down during our tricky run. He will be brilliant for us in the future.

Sterling work 59.
    Haven’t seen these stats before for any club. Not sure what they mean. Would help to know how many games are involved for each.
    Charlie did well, but just got his timing wrong meeting the top 6. Interesting to Westwood second best given the many knockers he seems to have. Well done him.
    Surprised Barnes is so low given his recent domination of defences and goals.

Thanks OC.

Good point about the number of games played each. I can't be bothered now but I may put my workings up later.
    Lennon was only considered in five games, Westwood four. So that is an obvious cause of bumping up their scores.

If you multiply each figure by 38, then that is the extrapolated final points tally. Like I said, apart from Charlie (28 points) and Bardsley (39.6 points), every other player was on course for over 40 points. Even though Barnes is pretty low on the list, his projected full season points are 49.

Good effort 1959-60 but are you seriously suggesting we trust any figures compiled by a Lib-Dem..?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...osborne-tories

Well, like I said, it is very non scientific.

For instance, in the Everton game we were losing at half time. So we shoved Lowton and Wood on, taking Hendrick and Bardsley off.
    How would you have scored this? I gave all our team 3 points for the win except Hendrick and Bardsley who scored zero.
    It is only a guide (at best).

As for the political bit...shall I give you a few quotes from Labour at the time?

"We were in a pit of debt - and we kept on digging" - Peter Mandleson.

"Economy at 60-year low,and it will get worse"- Alistair Darling https://www.theguardian.com/politics...listairdarling

"There is no money left" - Liam Byrne

As always, I shall remain aloof from the squabbling and petty political point-scoring of the board's resident lefties, and post something interesting and relevant.

If you go to http://www.soccerbase.com/ and click on 'Teams', 'Burnley', 'Results/Matches, 'Player Filter', and choose your player it will show all the games he's played in this season and if you scroll down, at the bottom the WDL record of the games he's played in, and of those he hasn't, plus the % figures as well.

Of course, as with 59/60's figures, you have to use a bit of discretion, but you can check back a long way and some of the figures are interesting over a full season. It used to annoy me at the time that neither Coyle nor Laws would use Steve Thompson when we were in our first PL season. Those figures showed he was our most effective player the season before when we won promotion, but he spent the season sitting on the bench watching us get relegated. A shameful waste of one of our best/most effective players imo.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)