+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My mantra for this season has always been

My mantra for this season has always been

TS will have a massive stroke if Warne accidentally gets us promoted.

I'm standing by this as we don't have the money or the resources for the Championship and, in any case, we would come straight back down, even more spectacularly than the last time.

Our winning run was pleasing, very pleasing, but TS has clearly ordered Warne to put the breaks on. If he wants to keep his job that is.

That’s a bit deep K.

Wishing a stroke on our beloved Chairman.

Funny thing is I lobbed in a conspiracy theory to get em biting last night and netted a couple.

I said I wonder if Warne has been told to lose a few as we can’t afford to go straight back up. Must say it drew a reaction.

Hand on heart, if did go up we’d never be out of the bottom three with this side and be down again by Xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That’s a bit deep K.

Wishing a stroke on our beloved Chairman.

Funny thing is I lobbed in a conspiracy theory to get em biting last night and netted a couple.

I said I wonder if Warne has been told to lose a few as we can’t afford to go straight back up. Must say it drew a reaction.

Hand on heart, if did go up we’d never be out of the bottom three with this side and be down again by Xmas!

But the prize money and increased attendances along the way would help keep us afloat.

Money isn’t everything and of late TS has got a tad frugal.

IF we went up peanuts for wages would be offered and that attracts no class player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Money isn’t everything and of late TS has got a tad frugal.

IF we went up peanuts for wages would be offered and that attracts no class player.

Come on Brin, how quick you forget, and you being an ex Millmoor painter and bucket carrier. What we have now is relative stability and in its own way, comparative success. It is our destiny to be no better than that, much as we might flirt with the expensive tart called the championship.

It's been a long and painful process but I have finally come to terms with the fact, the realisation, that we have found our level and that level is the third tier.

I don't like it, indeed I hate it. I was brought up to believe that we could go as high as it was possible to go in the Second Division and just miss out as we did in the 1954/55 season.

But that was a long long time ago. Things have changed beyond our means but the RUFC hierarchy must make certain noises at certain times in order to attract sufficient support to keep the club in business.

This is no conspiracy theory. It's the simple (demoralising) truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    I'm standing by this as we don't have the money or the resources for the Championship and, in any case, we would come straight back down, even more spectacularly than the last time.
    Our winning run was pleasing, very pleasing, but TS has clearly ordered Warne to put the breaks on. If he wants to keep his job that is.
    Yes with this current squad we would come straight back down and we would get $6M+ in TV rights, Central Distribution cash.
    My late Grandfather & Father always told me with RUFC...." what you see is what you get ".
    Don't over indulge with ' grandois ' ideas and you won't be disappointed.
    It's not lack of ambition it's called having a reality check now and again.
    Neither do I want a rich benefactor like supporters in S6 have got, season ticket prices would be increased and it doesn't always work out as planned.
    We are what we are and yes Division 3 is ' crap ' compared to the Championship.

Welcome back Zil....X......see you in three Months....

Footnote : the $ is deliberate....

EDIT : Paul Warne knew the deal when he took the job on...........Up the Millers.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 15-03-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Gone for almost exactly the same period as our unbeaten run and then back talking *******s as usual once we suffer a couple of defeats. Flogging the proverbial dead horse again Zil?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Come on Brin, how quick you forget, and you being an ex Millmoor painter and bucket carrier. What we have now is relative stability and in its own way, comparative success. It is our destiny to be no better than that, much as we might flirt with the expensive tart called the championship.
    I’ve forgotten nothing pal and all that you say. The painting to make the old girl look a little brighter, stood on the corner of Bramhall Lane with two buckets begging for money to save our club. Yes those times were bloody hard and I’ll never forget them and never wish to return to them.

The frustrating thing for me and my opinion only, is TS won’t allow any large investors in for fear of a takeover. It’s is baby and no one else’s. We flirt with yo - yoing between league 1 and the championship. I feel IF someone else came on board we could sustain championship level. Frustration that’s what it is.

I am a realist though and accept what TS is doing is good for the club. Without him where would we be?

Hi Zilzal,
    I thought that we'd get into the play offs but feared going up. I thought that TS had wanted promotion back into the Championship. In fact the only real statement he has made this season was on the size of our budget and he expected us to be up there at the end of the season.

Someone wrote on here in the week that they were having a conversation with someone and they'd pretty much said the same as you. I'd honestly be surprised if we went up now the run has stopped but like you said 'our winning run was pleasing'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast