+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My mantra for this season has always been

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Hi Zilzal,
    I thought that we'd get into the play offs but feared going up. I thought that TS had wanted promotion back into the Championship. In fact the only real statement he has made this season was on the size of our budget and he expected us to be up there at the end of the season.
    Someone wrote on here in the week that they were having a conversation with someone and they'd pretty much said the same as you. I'd honestly be surprised if we went up now the run has stopped but like you said 'our winning run was pleasing'.
    What statement would you like TS to come out with froggy ?
    In the past he's been criticized for being over ambitious also accused of talking ' bull-crap '

Sometimes it's best to say ' nothing ' and let the team and backroom staff do the talking.

To ' talk the talk ' you have to ' walk the walk '....easier said than done.

Dummy back in pram apparently

Ever since I started watching the Millers, nearly 50 years ago, I've always felt that we're fundamentally a level 3 club; sometimes we might go down to the forth tier and at other times up to the second but Level three is our natural home. I'm comfortable/resigned to that and am proud to support us wherever we are. At the end of the day if you can't reconcile yourself to that or a similar scenario then you'll be either predominately unhappy or worse, become a 'supporter' of a team like Man City/United/Chelsea and that is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    What statement would you like TS to come out with froggy ?
    In the past he's been criticized for being over ambitious also accused of talking ' bull-crap '

Sometimes it's best to say ' nothing ' and let the team and backroom staff do the talking.

To ' talk the talk ' you have to ' walk the walk '....easier said than done.
    He hasn't made that many this season Casper. The only interview of not was the one where he mentioned the budget and where he expected the team to be at the end of it.

I can't imagine that he'd have said to Warne that we couldn't afford promotion to the Championship. How demoralised would Warne be having turned the fortunes of a club round for his boss to say "stop there lad you've done a grand job. If you get us promoted you'll get sacked because we can't afford it"?

I know that TS can only say so many things and in regards of the team it should be positive. He has stopped talking to the press as he used to and giving statements that don't reflect the situation. In fact when he said that we had one of the biggest budgets most of us were amazed. In regards to the 'I expect us to be competing' we were wondering why he'd said it. Now it seems that Warne has done what TS expected are we to believe that he has told him not to get promotion?

Is any of this proven about TS saying this?

Of course not it’s only the last 2 games this has come up.
    It’s ridiculous to have people even discussing it.

It’s bordering on slander and makes us look as fickle as they come.

It's an interesting theory but I would have thought it would be hard to put into practice. It seems unlikely Warne would have taken key players into his confidence and told them to play to lose - say, Vaulks, Towell, Wood. What would be in it for them? That would be bound to come out eventually.

On his own, it would be hard for Warne to orchestrate a defeat. I don't think playing Cummings for Emmanuel or bringing on Yates as a sub, strange as those decisions may seem, would have been enough to ensure a defeat on Tuesday. Bringing on Taylor actually led to a goal (and the team against Rochdale was pretty much the same as it has been through the good run.)

Great to see your name on here again, Zilzal! Always interesting when you make an appearance. (We briefly had the incomparable Vaterland on the last Matchthread. Seems like old times again this week!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Is any of this proven about TS saying this?
    Of course not it’s only the last 2 games this has come up.
    It’s ridiculous to have people even discussing it.
    It’s bordering on slander and makes us look as fickle as they come.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    He hasn't made that many this season Casper. The only interview of not was the one where he mentioned the budget and where he expected the team to be at the end of it.

I know that TS can only say so many things and in regards of the team it should be positive. He has stopped talking to the press as he used to and giving statements that don't reflect the situation. In fact when he said that we had one of the biggest budgets most of us were amazed. In regards to the 'I expect us to be competing' we were wondering why he'd said it. Now it seems that Warne has done what TS expected are we to believe that he has told him not to get promotion?
    Calm down Yak, it gives people something to ' yak ' about. What else should we talk about after 14 games undefeated and after losing our last two...

Important thing about your quote froggy is the word " expected " and " expect ", that's how it should be, he's tempered his remarks from previous seasons, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
    Why dispute the " top 5 " budget in League 1 ?
    Shouldn't take much working out who the other 4 are.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    It's an interesting theory but I would have thought it would be hard to put into practice. It seems unlikely Warne would have taken key players into his confidence and told them to play to lose - say, Vaulks, Towell, Wood. What would be in it for them? That would be bound to come out eventually.

On his own, it would be hard for Warne to orchestrate a defeat. I don't think playing Cummings for Emmanuel or bringing on Yates as a sub, strange as those decisions may seem, would have been enough to ensure a defeat on Tuesday. Bringing on Taylor actually led to a goal (and the team against Rochdale was pretty much the same as it has been through the good run.)

Great to see your name on here again, Zilzal! Always interesting when you make an appearance. (We briefly had the incomparable Vaterland on the last Matchthread. Seems like old times again this week!)
    You bring a good point into the conversation CT. What is in it for the players? The players are paid more if the club reaches the Championship so Warne couldn't have confidence in someone who's going to lose out.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Calm down Yak, it gives people something to ' yak ' about. What else should we talk about after 14 games undefeated and after losing our last two...

Important thing about your quote froggy is the word " expected " and " expect ", that's how it should be, he's tempered his remarks from previous seasons, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
    Why dispute the " top 5 " budget in League 1 ?
    Shouldn't take much working out who the other 4 are.
    Exactly Casper. So why would he tell Warne that he can't have a promotion?

Warne has massively overachieved with a team that has no Championship quality players in it. That said, what is the point in winning the playoffs?

TS should be pleased with what has happened this season but for me the cracks were ready to be split open several matches ago. For example, but for a keeper error we wouldn't have scored against Shrewsbury. Then came a 113minute error by Donny's keeper to gift us another 2 points. Hill (yes I dislike him too) was smart enough to realise our weak spots. Outbattle us in MF then hit us on the counterattack. Nearly all our goals come from set pieces so we're hardly likely to slice through the opposition as we don't have the skill necessary for this. MK Dons followed this blueprint, helped of course by Warne's amazing team selection and poor use of subs.

Get stuck into us and we revert to the standards of last season. Sad but true

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast