+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Romanis

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    If you could bring a few more of your fellow Nutters, it'll be even more a safer ground for the rest of us.

I know you got about 10-12 days left, so make the most of it - go milk a cow or straddle a bull!

Hahaha

So you're spending Easter in NZ then? Well I hope you have a good one, just don't frisky with the Easter Bunnies!

Btw I certainly hope your daughter and son-in-law have not been duped into supporting Notts from afar. That would be very cruel.
    Advice them to support Wellington Phoenix in the A-League instead.

So you're spending Easter in NZ then? Well I hope you have a good one, just don't frisky with the Easter Bunnies!

Btw I certainly hope your daughter and son-in-law have not been duped into supporting Notts from afar. That would be very cruel.
    Advice them to support Wellington Phoenix in the A-League instead.
    My daughter used to go to the odd Notts game with me when she lived in the UK and they both go to a game when they come over (obviously they have taste) though my son in law is a massive cricket fan and also rugby. Soccer as they call it isn't a major sport over here.

Nah. It's more like the obligatory visit to the in laws.

Your Daughter: Honey, it's that time of year again. We've got to humour dad and follow him to watch a match.

Son in law: Bloody hell. Not that crap again. It's like Dad's Army with all those codgers next to us.

Daughter: Oh be nice. You know Dad's crazy and this Notts County is part of that craziness.

Son in law: Just the 1 game, you hear. It's bad enough watching that pile of ****e play, even worse with all those geriatics next to us and to top it off, him and his mates talking history. ' oh I've been watching them since 1950'
    ' oh you remember the time when dodgy legs played for us.' God give me strength.

Daughter: Now, now honey. Just humour the old man

Son in law: Well I suppose so, but if you could arrange an away game, that would at least be less torturous. Like the one they play in Wales some time back. You remember the one they scored an away goal at a Premiership team!

Nah. It's more like the obligatory visit to the in laws.

Your Daughter: Honey, it's that time of year again. We've got to humour dad and follow him to watch a match.

Son in law: Bloody hell. Not that crap again. It's like Dad's Army with all those codgers next to us.

Daughter: Oh be nice. You know Dad's crazy and this Notts County is part of that craziness.

Son in law: Just the 1 game, you hear. It's bad enough watching that pile of ****e play, even worse with all those geriatics next to us and to top it off, him and his mates talking history. ' oh I've been watching them since 1950'
    ' oh you remember the time when dodgy legs played for us.' God give me strength.

Daughter: Now, now honey. Just humour the old man

Son in law: Well I suppose so, but if you could arrange an away game, that would at least be less torturous. Like the one they play in Wales some time back. You remember the one they scored an away goal at a Premiership team!
    Or we could go across the river and listen to any one who can remember when they once were a top side in the big league, we actually won a couple of European cups in a competition that no longer exists. Only the geriatrics can remember it.
    Also not the best time to be in NZ with our wonderful performance in the cricket, so I am off to the races today.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Or we could go across the river and listen to any one who can remember when they once were a top side in the big league, we actually won a couple of European cups in a competition that no longer exists. Only the geriatrics can remember it.
    Also not the best time to be in NZ with our wonderful performance in the cricket, so I am off to the races today.
    Errm those that remember are not geriatrics yet. Plus it's still less than 30 years that we won league cups. Notts on the other hand won something when Gladstone was PM, only geriatrics can remember that!

Btw, I really don't think with your luck with horses, you should be doing anything that concerns the sport of kings.

Errm those that remember are not geriatrics yet. Plus it's still less than 30 years that we won league cups. Notts on the other hand won something when Gladstone was PM, only geriatrics can remember that!

Btw, I really don't think with your luck with horses, you should be doing anything that concerns the sport of kings.
    Had two good winners yesterday and it is much safer sitting in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Had two good winners yesterday and it is much safer sitting in the stands.
    I hope you won enough to buy the plane ticket home!

I still follow a bit of horse racing. Loved having a punt at the races, but it's just impossible to win consistently to make it worthwhile.

I gave up serious gambling after a particular race in Singapore. It started off with 7 runners, but 3 were scratched for certain reasons, leaving 4, with an obvious favourite. In the end I still couldn't pick a winner. So my friends and me had this post race discussion.

You see in football, the Chinese have made it very easy to bet with the Asian handicap. You either 'eat or give' ball as they term it.
    'Eat' means you take the handicap, 'give' means you take the favourite. eg Man Utd v Burnley, handicap -1.5. Meaning the game starts at Man Utd 0 Nurnley1.5. To win, United has to win by 2 clear goals or more - 2-0 would equate MU 2 Burnley1.5. Alternatively you 'eat' that means taking Burnley and so long as Utd fail to win by 2 or more, any other result means you win. The stake being as close to level. So you bet 100, you'd win 100. Sometimes a bit lesser, depending on the betting.

So the Chinese made it easy for the serious punter. A choice of 2. And even with this, it's so difficult to win money consistently. So how is 1 going to win money in horse racing where there's a field of say 8-12 runners at any 1 time? Even with 4, we couldn't win. So from that day, I only bet occasionally on the 'ponies.'
    I'd rather bet on Notts screwing up, now that's a winning tip, you should follow.

I hope you won enough to buy the plane ticket home!

I still follow a bit of horse racing. Loved having a punt at the races, but it's just impossible to win consistently to make it worthwhile.

I gave up serious gambling after a particular race in Singapore. It started off with 7 runners, but 3 were scratched for certain reasons, leaving 4, with an obvious favourite. In the end I still couldn't pick a winner. So my friends and me had this post race discussion.

You see in football, the Chinese have made it very easy to bet with the Asian handicap. You either 'eat or give' ball as they term it.
    'Eat' means you take the handicap, 'give' means you take the favourite. eg Man Utd v Burnley, handicap -1.5. Meaning the game starts at Man Utd 0 Nurnley1.5. To win, United has to win by 2 clear goals or more - 2-0 would equate MU 2 Burnley1.5. Alternatively you 'eat' that means taking Burnley and so long as Utd fail to win by 2 or more, any other result means you win. The stake being as close to level. So you bet 100, you'd win 100. Sometimes a bit lesser, depending on the betting.

So the Chinese made it easy for the serious punter. A choice of 2. And even with this, it's so difficult to win money consistently. So how is 1 going to win money in horse racing where there's a field of say 8-12 runners at any 1 time? Even with 4, we couldn't win. So from that day, I only bet occasionally on the 'ponies.'
    I'd rather bet on Notts screwing up, now that's a winning tip, you should follow.
    Well at least we are still interested in the season whether we screw up or not, your season finished ages ago unless you are interested in finishing 11th or 12th zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I definitely prefer being 11th or 12th in tier 2 than being 4th in tier 4.
    So no more autos eh?
    Play-offs is it.?

Tin pot club.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast