+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRH quest to buy the freehold assets - Star article

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Indeed it isn't Aya, except on the balance of probability. Even if we get in the play-offs, lets say we dump Villa out over two legs, we're going to have to beat Fulham at Wembley. Call me a pessimist if you like, but I reckon that needs more than we've got in the tank. No-one would be happier than me if we did, but I'm not daring to dream it.

My point was that we could finish in and around the mid to top half of the Championship with our current resources almost indefinately. But a real promotion push needs some proper money. This requires a.) someone with the money and b.) the daftness to want to do it. HRH would appear to be our man.
    Ok - put it that way, it sounds a long long way off.....however we've just got our best player back which will hopefully give our form a kickstart....whilst other teams will flag as the pressure mounts.... you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Ok - put it that way, it sounds a long long way off.....however we've just got our best player back which will hopefully give our form a kickstart....whilst other teams will flag as the pressure mounts.... you never know.
    That is true, and stranger things have happened. I won't put my shirt on it though..!

Sounds like a pure investment thing...

Buy us outright
    Get us into the Prem
    Sell on for a tidy profit

Would any of us be complaining about this, regardless of who he sold the club to in the Prem?

excellent post lst

I think that King Kev is far from walking away. I hear he offered Prince A £10m to go and that was rejected. This triggered a clause where the Prince also then had the option to try and get outright control.

I was also told that King Kev had 2 American investors lined up.

I think rather than the Prince looking to take control it is more a case of both of them wanting control and we are now in a power struggle.

Who has the most money/investing backing wins.

Personally the thought of foreign owners fills me with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I think that King Kev is far from walking away. I hear he offered Prince A £10m to go and that was rejected. This triggered a clause where the Prince also then had the option to try and get outright control.

I was also told that King Kev had 2 American investors lined up.

I think rather than the Prince looking to take control it is more a case of both of them wanting control and we are now in a power struggle.

Who has the most money/investing backing wins.

Personally the thought of foreign owners fills me with dread.
    On the coat tails of the Premier League money tree and both of our owners want all the fruit to themselves.

Here's an idea... let's carry on as is and share the spoils 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    On the coat tails of the Premier League money tree and both of our owners want all the fruit to themselves.

Here's an idea... let's carry on as is and share the spoils 50/50.
    best idea. the arab in charge will see the ultimate decline of sheffield united fc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12