+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony O'Connor

Anthony O'Connor

With the amount of abuse he gets on here, a lot of it merited, a lot of it just another bashing by the same boring keyboard bampots I thought he was excellent against Kilmarnock.

Very solid performance alongside McKenna. Solid in the air and the tackle. Kept it simple and was always looking for a pass out of defence.

Good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    With the amount of abuse he gets on here, a lot of it merited
    Spot on.

With the amount of abuse he gets on here, a lot of it merited, a lot of it just another bashing by the same boring keyboard bampots I thought he was excellent against Kilmarnock.

Very solid performance alongside McKenna. Solid in the air and the tackle. Kept it simple and was always looking for a pass out of defence.

Good to see.
    He had a good match against Kilmarnock but let’s be honest and say that in law of averages he was due a good match.
    A player who should be replaced in the summer with someone better equipped for his role.

I'm not a fan.

He did however have an excellent start to the season in central defence but struggled when pushed forward.

Maybe it would be an idea to actually play players in the position they're best suited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Spot on.
    Difficult to judge him as his poor perfmances have come as a middielder not as a centre half which he essentially is.

Difficult to judge him as his poor perfmances have come as a middielder not as a centre half which he essentially is.
    His poor performances haven't really been due to where he's played, more his lack of concentration and general casual nature he can't get away with.

Does that count for Consi, centre back getting deployed at left back? Shinnie, left back up in central midfield. Stewart, forward played as a winger. Ball, defender played as midfielder. Rooney, forward played out on the wing (at times). Maynard, played as a proffesional footballer!

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    Does that count for Consi, centre back getting deployed at left back? Shinnie, left back up in central midfield. Stewart, forward played as a winger. Ball, defender played as midfielder. Rooney, forward played out on the wing (at times). Maynard, played as a proffesional footballer!
    I agree, some of these seem baffling, but shouldn't players have the flexibility to play in different areas.

Shinnie for example provides more to Aberdeen in midfield than at LB

Stewart is not an out and out forward, he's best played behind the striker, finding the space between the lines, but we have other options there in Christie, May, McLean etc. Stewart was actually turning in some great performances and the team was doing quite well before McGinn took up the RM role.
    Not bash on McGinn, but Stewart was contributing well at the time is all I am saying.

Considine was initially a CB, but I believe he will have played more games at LB.
    He was one of our best performers the season just before Shinnie joined.
    We could improve here, no doubt, but within our budget, he's been a fairly decent journeymen in there that allowed funds to be placed elsewhere.

I don't like Rooney on the wing either, but his best performances for me this year have been when he has dropped into midfield, dragging a CB with his and allowing our attacking midfield players fill the space left behind.
    It goes unnoticed by many, but it was hugely effective even if he was not on the end scoring goals.

If playing pub football, a professional player would be the best player on the park whichever position he played.

Playing against other professional players they're better playing the position they're most suited to.

Unless of course they are some sort of wonder kid, but we don't have many of those.

In may be reading that wrong afc, but it reads like you're having a go and at the same time praising DMs decisions in playing all these players out of position..
    Consi is definitely not a journeyman btw, he's only been with us. Shinnie should be LB, the position he's taken in the middle and made his own should have been sorted out years ago. Hopefully CB is fixed when Devlin get some fit.
    Rooney is a penalty box striker, and one of the best at it. Playing him on the wing is insanity.

I'd like to see more of Ball, maybe give him a chance at RB with Logan out for the semi.. get him in there for a trial run in a bounce game or SPFL fixture to see how he goes. Shay needs a seat on the bench anyway.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast