+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny McLean

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So he mentions the two successful signings. That were the easiest to scout as they played in our own f@cking league.

Get your arse out of the lower guff leagues and check oot foreign fitba
    Absolutely pac

Theres no excuse whatsoever.

We arent dundee or partick.

We surely have some pulling power.

How long has as he been our chief scout coz the list of duds we've signed in recent years is horrendous. Either it's the scouts or they've been mismanaged/coached, gotta be one or the other right?

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    How long has as he been our chief scout coz the list of duds we've signed in recent years is horrendous. Either it's the scouts or they've been mismanaged/coached, gotta be one or the other right?
    Budget as well. You get what you pay for as they say.

Along with Logan and Shinnie, MacLean was badly missed on Saturday. I know some on here can't stand the guy but, to me, it's folly to believe we will not be weakened by his leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Along with Logan and Shinnie, MacLean was badly missed on Saturday. I know some on here can't stand the guy but, to me, it's folly to believe we will not be weakened by his leaving.
    McLean is an excellent player and the current recruitment team simply haven't done their job with the replacements.
    To be fair this was always going to be a transition season. Should have added that Logan and Shinnie have no peer in the squad
    in terms of their motivation and application.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 16-04-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Talking p***

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    McLean is an excellent player and the current recruitment team simply haven't done their job with the replacements.
    To be fair this was always going to be a transition season. Should have added that Logan and Shinnie have no peer in the squad
    McLean will be a huge loss and is one that stands up to be counted (especially when Shinnie out suspended ) Logan has had a poor season ( by his standards) but will come good and he has a bit of arrogance in the way he plays ( in a good way)
    Motivation and application are sadly lacking in some of our players when things don't go to plan ,evidenced at Hampden and throughout the season.
    Annoyingly we time and again see teams whose players are (theoretically) below our standard but outplay and bully us and other teams
    I sometimes wonder if we should hypnotise some of our players before kick off but then they are already running around like headless chickens

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    When Cosgrove replaced Rooney on Saturday, he trotted on to the pitch like it was a pre-season friendly and I'm not even sure he touched the ball yet.
    It may be a bit harsh to single him out, I'm using him as an example of how most of that team played on Saturday, but at 3-0 down in a cup semi-final, even if there's only 1 minute to play, I'm looking for my players to be geeing up team mates, shaking the fist, maybe even relaying instructions from the manager, instead of quietly and meekly surrendering with the rest of them. We need more winners in this team.

There have been times when I thought he deserved to be dropped but was one of McInnes favourites so never was yet we are going to miss him.

In the end he was a good player for us and it’s a pity he is going because he is probably away to hit his peak in the next couple of years.

It’s already been said but like Hayes last season he is going to be hard to replace.

Certainly had good days and bad days but on the whole has been more consistent than most and also capable of playing a higher calibre of football as he has been since xmas. He will be hard to replace especially if we expect someone to come in and keep playing that type of football immediately.

Best of luck at Norwich Kenny. Don't believe the hype Donsdaft will miss you.

No I f'uckin won't

Hun b'astard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast