+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice and snow Saturday – game on/off?

Ice and snow Saturday – game on/off?

Doesn't look good – maybe down to how work with covers etc can keep the chills from the pitch, but with -2 forecast I wonder whether or not they'll be able to play regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    Doesn't look good – maybe down to how work with covers etc can keep the chills from the pitch, but with -2 forecast I wonder whether or not they'll be able to play regardless?

BBC says minumum 0 for Sneinton and that's just for first thing. Daytime tomorrow is 10c at 3pm, so it's not like it's going to be a solid day of sub zero temps, it should be OK, we've seen games go ahead in worse circumstances than that. Strong winds for Saturday coupled with 1c temp won't feel too pleasant though.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    BBC says minumum 0 for Sneinton and that's just for first thing. Daytime tomorrow is 10c at 3pm, so it's not like it's going to be a solid day of sub zero temps, it should be OK, we've seen games go ahead in worse circumstances than that. Strong winds for Saturday coupled with 1c temp won't feel too pleasant though.
    Fingers crossed. I won't be there unfortunately but don't forget your scarves! (Hopefully won't need to hide behind them at the end ... )

First game I'll hopefully get to since 3rd Feb, however as I'm travelling down from north of Middlesbrough, I'm hopeful the snow stays away. It's absolutely pissing it down here at the moment mind, and the wind has really started to pick up (just like a couple of weeks ago).

Fingers crossed

With the potential loss in revenue if the game is called off and rearranged for a Tuesday night i'm pretty sure AH will make sure the club do everything they can to ensure the game goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    With the potential loss in revenue if the game is called off and rearranged for a Tuesday night.
    There wouldn't be many Stags fans on a Tuesday night because they would have to break their curfew

Looking distinctly dodgy atm. Met Office app says snow from very early on sat morning pretty much all day. No good clearing the pitch if the roads are crap.

Would be a bummer if such a big game is called off for snow in the middle of March.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Looking distinctly dodgy atm. Met Office app says snow from very early on sat morning pretty much all day. No good clearing the pitch if the roads are crap.

Would be a bummer if such a big game is called off for snow in the middle of March.
    " bummer " I think you're obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " bummer " I think you're obsessed.
    Haha. Sorry to get you all excited. Knowing how they regard experts and their forecasts, I bet all the Brexiteers will be turning up in beach shorts and flip flops on Saturday.

Fingers crossed. Mansfield fans join in please with your extras that Uncle Grandaddy blessed you with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast