+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice and snow Saturday – game on/off?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Was that Corrected or Erected Swale.
    Ooer Missus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Sidders l live 20 minutes walk from the ground in W.B. if the Met Office forecst is as accurate as it was last time the snow came 3 weeks ago, l suspect the game will be off the wind is already increasing and the temp is dropping fairly fast.
    Any idea when we are likely to be told yay or nay?......I am guessing it will be early am before the Stags fans set off.....9am?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It's the Beeb which, I think, still gets it's weather data from the Met Office until next month

EDIT: I stand corrected. Apparently the handover was done in February after all.
    And why would the MET office be any better at forecasting the weather than the BBC's farmer with his bit of seaweed hanging over the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Minor snow flurries with the lowest temp of minus 1 degree.....surely the match is not going to be postponed?
    I have to agree with my mate tarquin, the forecasts will have to be way out to put the game in danger. It will be bloody cold and windy, but even Rochdale could cope with minus one and an overnight snow flurry.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Any idea when we are likely to be told yay or nay?......I am guessing it will be early am before the Stags fans set off.....9am?
    Think everybody getting a too concerned about a bit of snow, I remember when the match went ahead despite the snow, they had red balls then you know

I bet they did Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I have to agree with my mate tarquin
    ....hold the front page everyone.....I am in shock.....note to self, copy~n~paste for future reference

On a serious note, I am watching the Nottingham weather here from Bandit Country, sweating like a piglet, or goatlet, in 32 degrees....just sent the workers home early in case they die on me and I do not have staff insurance....new roof being installed

Please, please,please do not call this off.....I am buzzing for this game to go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    And why would the MET office be any better at forecasting the weather than the BBC's farmer with his bit of seaweed hanging over the gate?
    I have no idea but it was you who mentioned the Met Office initially I do find it unfortunate that the BBC have ditched the Met Office for Meteo though, now that you mention it. Such a small financial saving doesn't warrant ditching probably the world's best after 93 years in my opinion.

Good piece in the Grauniad about it...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-bbc-rejection
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-03-2018 at 09:20 PM.

St Patrick events cancelled on the stage in the market square by the council is this that start of health and safety for Saturday.

Nothing to worry about chaps n lasses. Get ya sens wrapped up tho ‘cos it’s ****ing bitter.
    Game day and in NO doubt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast