+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice and snow Saturday – game on/off?

BBC weather currently only predicting an hour or so of light snow in the very early hours of Saturday for Nottingham. Let's hope they're right.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-03-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Looking distinctly dodgy atm. Met Office app says snow from very early on sat morning pretty much all day. No good clearing the pitch if the roads are crap.

Would be a bummer if such a big game is called off for snow in the middle of March.
    Looks ok to me
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.06.51.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  16.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Looks ok to me
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.06.51.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  16.5 KB
    That’s not the Met Office.

From the redrag https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...recast-1342214

Haha. Sorry to get you all excited. Knowing how they regard experts and their forecasts, I bet all the Brexiteers will be turning up in beach shorts and flip flops on Saturday.
    Let's hope the weather forecasts are as wildly wrong as those the remoaners predicted

It's the Beeb which, I think, still gets it's weather data from the Met Office until next month

EDIT: I stand corrected. Apparently the handover was done in February after all.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-03-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It's the Beeb which, I think, still gets it's weather data from the Met Office until next month

EDIT: I stand corrected. Apparently the handover was done in February after all.
    Was that Corrected or Erected Swale.

Tomorrow's forecast is so dire I have given up any hope of making the journey. Shame but there it is. I still think that the game is in some danger of postponement.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Tomorrow's forecast is so dire I have given up any hope of making the journey. Shame but there it is. I still think that the game is in some danger of postponement.
    Minor snow flurries with the lowest temp of minus 1 degree.....surely the match is not going to be postponed...local derby with 90% of fans traveling less than 25 miles and no threats to public transport?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sidders l live 20 minutes walk from the ground in W.B. if the Met Office forecst is as accurate as it was last time the snow came 3 weeks ago, l suspect the game will be off the wind is already increasing and the temp is dropping fairly fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast