+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lascelles and England

Depends. England are a long way from what they used to be for starters but are you saying that Mawson is better than Lascelles and Livermore is better than Shelvey (admittedly he'd have to play at or near his best)? I don't think so, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Depends. England are a long way from what they used to be for starters but are you saying that Mawson is better than Lascelles and Livermore is better than Shelvey (admittedly he'd have to play at or near his best)? I don't think so, personally.
    This

Of course Lascelles is good enough. Shelvey is hit or miss - literally - but still good enough.

Btw, did anyone see Jenas talking about his career essentially saying that he didn't turn out as a superstar because he was a Newcastle player? Sod off, young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    lascelles and shelvey are not good enough for an england team

i know they are our players but england squads

come on
    Full of 5 hit as per

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Exactly this.

But hey, any excuse to run our players down hey Pboro.

I don't run our players down in fact when fools like you were calling them chimp players it was me who said different

But neither are good enough internationally

Especially shelvey

I don't think lascelles is as I don't think he is great in the air

And I also don't think he is great in a attacking defence

Great talker
    A great chest pumper
    But not an international player or not unless we have a few more injuries and a change in style

Only one fool on this board Pboro.

That would be you.

I'd love some of our players to play for England in this world cup (assuming it goes ahead) because it would enhance my interest in it.
    I'm going to be brutally honest here as well.
    If some of the players we see in that England set up are a yardstick for anything, then it's a yardstick for just about any footballer to believe they have a chance.....theoretically speaking and in a dip into the fair play lucky bag, of course.

Lascelles is no worse than most of the England centre backs. I'd add in that he's not experienced but the reality is, you don't need to be these days because the days of settled England international teams is long gone and it's not the big scary spectacle it once was, where you not only felt it was a total honour to be picked, you were in awe of the players who were regulars.

Take a look at them on that pitch and tell me how many look like they are in awe of anyone.

If Joe Hart can be picked as a starter or even in the squad then our very own Woodman could be England number 1 if that's the case...or at the very least be in the squad.

Personally, I'm chuffed to bits they haven't been selected. You carry on Gareth, leave our players to keep us up while picking the likes of Hart, Smalling, the crab Henderson, Jones etc.

See where it gets you.

Stalling and Jones are pathetic, couldn't tie their own laces let alone Lascelles.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    I don't run our players down in fact when fools like you were calling them chimp players it was me who said different

But neither are good enough internationally

Especially shelvey

I don't think lascelles is as I don't think he is great in the air

And I also don't think he is great in a attacking defence

Great talker
    A great chest pumper
    But not an international player or not unless we have a few more injuries and a change in style
    Name a current England midfielder who can pick out a forward pass better than Shelvey especially on the counter attack.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)