+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody bothered about England and the world cup?

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Whatever were fifa paid
    Tidied.

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    no way do i feel any affinity with scotland as there are many jocks (not all) who delight in england losing and go as far as cheering englands opponents
    I do I suppose its because I have Scottish blood. I remember many standing on the Gallowgate in the 80's and the half half Newcastle/Rangers or Celtic hats. Apart from Wembley in 77 when the Jocks were on the pitch there have been very few if any incidents abroad with them. Probably because they are always comatosed!

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    I'm worried
    I have my tickets and hotels booked

love the world cup

just go to any games and stay in different citiesetc don't have to follow England

but at least you can sy you have been to a world cup
    take the kids
    I hope you have ordered a bullet proof vest Pboro as I can see it being a bloodbath over there in the present climate. No place to take kids.

I saw that documentary as well.It was shocking. Anybody from England was their main target.

After recent events they will be baying for blood with the Anti-English climate in Russia.

Agreed, Mitch.

Plus, they'll target anyone not just 'our' thugs.

I was going to say, with Russia being the way it is, anyone going over there intent on trouble needs their head examined...but, then, anyone who wants to fight over football is a brainless knacker anyway-no head examining needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Agreed, Mitch.

I was going to say, with Russia being the way it is, anyone going over there intent on trouble needs their head examined...but, then, anyone who wants to fight over football is a brainless knacker anyway-no head examining needed.
    I think the documentary that tooslomofo was referring to was ' Russia's Hooligan Army ' which was on tv last year.

You can see it here. Worth a watch.Chilling stuff.

https://documentaryvine.com/video/ru...hooligan-army/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Agreed, Mitch.

I agree with this.

But at the same time Putin understands the idea or "Bread and Circuses" so won't want to many negative headlines, which obviously targeting of our fans would generate.

They had a man on the radio the other who was saying he'd been advised by Russian friends not to go because he is black and will be targeted all over the place.

Sad state of affairs.

Mind you it was a sad state they and Qatar were awarded them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)