+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody bothered about England and the world cup?

Anybody bothered about England and the world cup?

I don't know if I can stomach it to be honest.
    Who actually picks the players because I highly doubt Southgate has much input.

Naturally I'm going to watch England but I'd love to have thought I could do it with some excitement to the build up and during the game and hopefully towards the latter stages or even winning it.

However.
    Joe Hart?
    Just to name one player.
    He's way below the standard of keeper that we have.

Anyway I just can't raise my spirits up to even look forward to the world cup.
    Does anyone else have this thought or am I just getting a bit too old and whiney?

You’ve always been old and Whiney 😆

I always follow engerland I can help it it’s a bit like following the toon

Try not to get your hopes up if it goes to pens were ****ed

Its pathetic and the FA saying even if we flop they wont sack southgate sums the lot of em up perfectly,Useless. Ill be supporting Serbia couldnt care less about England anymore

I'm worried
    I have my tickets and hotels booked

love the world cup

just go to any games and stay in different citiesetc don't have to follow England

but at least you can sy you have been to a world cup
    take the kids

I remember being a youngun and seeing the England thugs smashing everywhere and anyone and thinking 'what are they doing?' It turned me off international footy so have never really been that interested. So I couldn't give a feck about Engerland or this world cup in particular or the one in Qatar, Qatar what a feckn joke one of Blatters back hander legacies that has been allowed to remain. Also Russia with its human rights and all that has been going on in Salisbury plus MH17, nowt has happened to Putin and his followers some might say murderers. Any English venturing over to Russia will be targeted after last year and now the political stuff.

As for Engerland southern players predominantly that's why Spurs are loved so much by the media. The frenzy will begin until they get knocked out in the quarter finals. Laughed my head off when Iceland did them in the Euros, feckn hilarious it was.

I mightr watch the odd match, but if we get knocked out couldn't care less. Bunch of overpaid, overated, spoilt brats imo.Only thing football wise that matters is NUFC for me like.

I'll watch to see how England do and I want them to do well but i'm not really excited anymore.

I expect us to lose and play badly so it's a nice surprise when we don't

To be honest i enjoy going round to my friends house, having beers and pizza whilst we all watch

Sad to say, I'm not really arsed any more.

Southgate is just a cock. A boring, FA 'yes' man. Says he'll pick players on form then goes and picks Joe Hart=as well as 3 other 'keepers, ffs-yet ignores Lascelles?? Pfft.

Never forget Rooney coming off the pitch in South Africa slagging off our support with ' that's what you call support?' without even appreciating the irony of calling folk who'd travelled thousands of miles and spent thousands of pounds doing so!

Used to be really up for England games but now it's almost like the rugby or the cricket or the Olympic team-happy if they do well but if they fuck it up, within about 10 minutes I'm like 'meh'.

Personally I don't care how they get on. I'll watch it but not lose a seconds sleep over it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)