+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could someone explain about Michael Ihiekwe....?

Could someone explain about Michael Ihiekwe....?

Despite being right footed he was brought in to play left back when Joe Mattock was unavailable. Although he had one or two shaky moments he generally did alright. Given this, can anyone explain why he was not brought in to play right back when Emmanuel was dropped? MK Dons were about a foot taller than our lads on Tuesday and he would have added much needed height in defence. Easy to be wise after the event, but given that two of their goals came when gaping holes were left down the left wing I can't understand why Ihiekwe wasn't preferred. Perhaps he was injured.

No idea what goes through Warney’s head apart from he likes defenders to get forward and that’s a reason why Purrington isn’t in the team imo

Edit, he was a sub cheers Frog
    Last edited by millertop; 15-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Patty, he was named as sub so isn't injured. I can see him replacing Ajayi on Saturday partnered by Vaulks!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Patty, he was named as sub so isn't injured. I can see him replacing Ajayi on Saturday partnered by Vaulks!

Well I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Copy cat frog.......that's my Centre-Back pairing for one game only.
    Icky was on the bench v MK Dons, makes you wonder what clauses are in different player's contracts.

Team picked itself during winning run now we lose two and everyone wants change including Warne who tinkered with the team tues and it cost him.He is quite unforgiving when a player has a bad game.

But didn't Ihiekwe play in the last two matches we won?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    But didn't Ihiekwe play in the last two matches we won?
    No, Mattock was back for Donny game

But we did win the two games he played in?