+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Racing CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL

O/T Racing CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL

Am not a Racing man really, like a Day at York or Ripon now and again ,
    But this meeting at Cheltenham has got to be amongst the Top Sporting Events in this Country, I've watched it with interest over the last few years and really enjoyed it , Has anybody on here ever been ?
    I would love to go and experience that atmosphere ,

I've not bin but r know plenty who have and they all sey it's a reight gud do .

Alus wanted to gu for a few days but tha cant get a hotel within 30 mile radius of Cheltenham that week .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've not bin but r know plenty who have and they all sey it's a reight gud do .

Alus wanted to gu for a few days but tha cant get a hotel within 30 mile radius of Cheltenham that week .
    Wunof mi mates used to go darn to a friends pub In Aston , 2 coach loads went from theer and back fo 2 days , he luvved it , he goes abroad to test matches Australia , South Africa etc , but reckons atmosphere at festival meeting beats the lot , gerra bus organised fo next year SB , Exile mite purrus all up in his Mansion

I went 3 years ago, went on the Sunday and drove home Tuesday night.
    Brilliant atmosphere around the town at night. All the pubs full of Irish, great banter.
    Not cheap, but you can stay in Worcester and get the train to the races if you want to keep the cost down.
    Only problem this time of year is the weather. We were lucky but I imagine it could be really miserable if it lashed it down.
    Ladies Day at Aintree is a great day out. Plenty going on and full of women in high spirits, live music & lots of food & drink choices.

Only been to National and thought it was sumat for bucket list more than owt else. Normal day out at races. Better view on telly. Never had money or patience to save up and book a year or two in advance to go to Cheltenham but would absolutely love to go.

I think the horses and jockies make a good meeting. My favourite meetings are on the flat where Godolphin, Gosden, Stoute and Varian send a couple of horses north to Doncaster, York or Haydock for a big saturday meeting and they are thrown in with reliable jockies Kirby, Atzeni, Buick, Moore, Doyle sharing out the winners between them.

They just jump off the card and say fill your boots.

Only name a kno ov on that list is Stoute ( Michael ) not milk , nivva earrd ont tuthas , so a wint fill my booits

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I went 3 years ago, went on the Sunday and drove home Tuesday night.
    Brilliant atmosphere around the town at night. All the pubs full of Irish, great banter.
    Not cheap, but you can stay in Worcester and get the train to the races if you want to keep the cost down.
    Only problem this time of year is the weather. We were lucky but I imagine it could be really miserable if it lashed it down.
    Ladies Day at Aintree is a great day out. Plenty going on and full of women in high spirits, live music & lots of food & drink choices.
    Morning Star Pub used to go theer on Ladies day ( thursday) great day out too

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Morning Star Pub used to go theer on Ladies day ( thursday) great day out too
    Thornley Arms Ladyboys used to go on Ladies Day n'all. Allus came back giddy.

I was once smacked in a pub up Ponte because I asked a woman if she was a tranny. Her daughter's fella punched me twice in face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I was once smacked in a pub up Ponte because I asked a woman if she was a tranny. Her daughter's fella punched me twice in face.
    dint tha feyt back , tha Shud ev brayd him withi handbag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast