+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Pig Idiot....

well pigs certainly wont be in play offs will they lol tell you what if we could get new investment were gonna improve our squad and we will be up there again next season if we dont go up this time whereas their gonna have to sell their better players and go shopping at aldi for league 1 and free transfer players their jealous to death of our success this season on a fraction of the budget theyve spent but they better get used to it sheffields red and white utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well pigs certainly wont be in play offs will they lol tell you what if we could get new investment were gonna improve our squad and we will be up there again next season if we dont go up this time whereas their gonna have to sell their better players and go shopping at aldi for league 1 and free transfer players their jealous to death of our success this season on a fraction of the budget theyve spent but they better get used to it sheffields red and white utb ftp
    I have some Wendy family and friends (none are idiots or, at least, I don't think so!) and they are not at all jealous of us rather they are relieved that we did stay in the top two. Also they can't see us doing anything in the P O 's so they, being Wendy, look to next season.

I'm looking forward to next time and our two games with them. Being in the same league is what the rivalry is about.

If we do the 'impossible' then so be it.

UTCB

That's the Pig mantra "wait till next season".

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    A lot of us don't think we'll quite make it to play-offs either, and if our form since Coutts injury is owt to go by, then we may well struggle. I think that's fair comment. I don't get why that makes him 'another idiot', unless its just that he is an oinker (reason enough, really).

For what its worth, I can see the oinkers struggle again next season. I know they are all confident about whats going to happen when their 'best players' are back from injury. They'll all be sold as quickly as possible is the answer.

What makes him an idiot FKB is the "Gob on legs" attitude that is so stereotypical of the average pig.
    Their predictions this season have gone well and truly tits up, so do they keep quiet, hideaway for a while or begrudgingly give a bit of praise through gritted teeth.
    No, they make a new set of predictions for next season instead.....They'll never learn

It's another way of saying one of their favourite statements "Cream always rises to the top". How many times have we heard one of that lot come out with that one.
    And the first season they finish above us they can pat each other on the back and tell us "We told you so"

Have you ever, ever, ever in your life heard a Sheffield United supporter make such a f@ckwit statement as that ?
    As though we will never be above them ever again in the history of football on planet earth.

You might say some people aren't very intelligent and let their mouths say owt, but there are certain comments that are truly reserved for supporters of that f@cking club because I've never heard a United fan say it.

It seems to me that there isn't a single person regardless of academic ability who supports United who is THICK enough to even think it, let alone say it.
    Last edited by JJBlade; 16-03-2018 at 04:29 PM.

21 points wot a MASSIVE gap that really is and achieved by a pub league team eh

When I was younger they suffered from "I've got a big house " syndrome. They had a grade A Bradway,Totley stadium whilst we had a Carbrook/Darnall one. Always said things would totally change when we caught up and bettered them, which we now have. For everything they've had and been given it's a disgrace that their historical home support average is just under 2000 more than ours.
    Sheffield is and always will be Red and White.
    FTSBP's

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    When I was younger they suffered from "I've got a big house " syndrome. They had a grade A Bradway,Totley stadium whilst we had a Carbrook/Darnall one. Always said things would totally change when we caught up and bettered them, which we now have. For everything they've had and been given it's a disgrace that their historical home support average is just under 2000 more than ours.
    Sheffield is and always will be Red and White.
    FTSBP's

And that "less than 2000" difference has been historically made up mostly by the additional away fans

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    What makes him an idiot FKB is the "Gob on legs" attitude that is so stereotypical of the average pig.
    This is what I think...fwiw.

I think they have a confidence in their club and view the odd few years of failure as being untypical of their 'rightful position'. We're talking particularly about oinkers of a certain age who were brought up in the 80's and 90's, with Waddle and Hurst, brought up on the back of '50,000 every week' at fabulous World Cup venue Hillsborough when we had a three sided ground, and all those stories from Grandad. At that time they were used to being above us in the leagues, they had 26/12/79 too and so its given them a misplaced feeling of superiority. But they always seem to be excessively optimistic (HMS P*ssTheLeague, finished 18th..?) and so when they feck it up, and reality creeps in, it is quite funny to watch the stages of denial.

On the other hand, we seem to be have confidence that it will go wrong, that we are the underdog, who's periods of success will come to an end soon, as we once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Even when we had all those years above them in the noughties, we never seemed to get that swagger of winners. We are, in my view, excessively pessimistic, and so when we have success, we aren't entirely sure of how to react, other than to imagine it will all go wrong somehow, soon.

The statistics say, there's sod all difference, unless you are going to go back over 100 years ago. Over the last 20 years, there's really no difference in league achievements, cups, attendances or anything else you care to look at, if anything we're shading it. But underneath we both feel we are superior to the other. Its just that they don't feel inhibited from saying so.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 16-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.

its funny really growing up we used to go to both swillsbro and the lane and although the sty was a great stadium in those days there was just something magical and different about the lane 3 sided ground rubbish stands and mystical under the floodlights great days !!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    This is what I think...fwiw.

I think they have a confidence in their club and view the odd few years of failure as being untypical of their 'rightful position'. We're talking particularly about oinkers of a certain age who were brought up in the 80's and 90's, with Waddle and Hurst, brought up on the back of '50,000 every week' at fabulous World Cup venue Hillsborough when we had a three sided ground, and all those stories from Grandad. At that time they were used to being above us in the leagues, they had 26/12/79 too and so its given them a misplaced feeling of superiority. But they always seem to be excessively optimistic (HMS P*ssTheLeague, finished 18th..?) and so when they feck it up, and reality creeps in, it is quite funny to watch the stages of denial.

On the other hand, we seem to be have confidence that it will go wrong, that we are the underdog, who's periods of success will come to an end soon, as we once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Even when we had all those years above them in the noughties, we never seemed to get that swagger of winners. We are, in my view, excessively pessimistic, and so when we have success, we aren't entirely sure of how to react, other than to imagine it will all go wrong somehow, soon.

The statistics say, there's sod all difference, unless you are going to go back over 100 years ago. Over the last 20 years, there's really no difference in league achievements, cups, attendances or anything else you care to look at, if anything we're shading it. But underneath we both feel we are superior to the other. Its just that they don't feel inhibited from saying so.
    Basically fantasists v realists.

Convenient memores v factual recall

Self aggrandisement v self awareness

Families who lie to their children v families who tell it as it is

A sense of anticipation v a sense of apprehension

The ability to convince ( delude) oneself that it's always been wonderful, and always will be v the ability to believe the reality

Thinking size matters v knowing class tells.

Deluded v real

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast