+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tykes v Burnsley quiz

Tykes v Burnsley quiz

Here we go then lads, lets try a footy quiz about our two teams. Ohh and the word Burnsley might get used quite a few times in this thread... I blame Alf for this I really do.

1. When was Burnsley's last win against us at Oakwell, before the win there on Dec 26th, 2010 ?.
    2. Which other EFL clubs did Andy Payton play for as well as both of our two clubs ?.
    3. Which two Burnsley players were sent off in the defeat at Oakwell, towards the end of the 1994-95 season, and who was the ref ?. (but I think you all know who the ref was dont you!!)
    4. What (roughly) was our kit colours when we last played an away match at Burnsley's Turf Moor ground ?.
    5. Who scored Burnsley's goal in their 0-1 win at our ground, in their promotion season of 2013-14 ?.
    6. Who loves seeing these pesky Yorkshire fans come on this board and constanlty say/post the word 'Burnsley' ?.

Best of luck lads, and theres no prizes for the winners of course, apart from a season ticket at Real Mardid with all expenses paid etc.. but nobody wants to win that now do they!.

Hi Acido, I'm afraid memory fades for me unless it was an eventful game, not saying Barnsley/Burnley games are uneventful, but you know what I mean.

You intrigue me with "you all know who the ref was don't you" comment on #3.

I should know # 5 but don't

The only one I do know is # 2, we got him from Huddersfield.

Aww come on Alto, Ive posted on this Burnsley board long enough now (as you well know lol). And I thought all of you knew that information about that 94-95 match ?.
    I will give the answers if you all want them of course, but come on Burnsley, dont let those Dingles down eh ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-03-2018 at 11:25 PM.

As I have said my memory is not what it should be nowadays Acido, confirmed by me forgetting to answer question 6 with the answer, Me

All I can positively remember was getting beat in a night match at Oakwell and watching Brian Easton giving the worse performance I have ever witnessed from any player wearing a Burnley shirt.

We were parked up in the Health Centre(?) car park at the top of the hill and while waiting for the cars to move we were having the craic with a couple of proper Yorkshire Burnsley fans and they could not believe the Clarets could field such a totally rubbish player.

They nearly died laughing when I told them the eejit was riding around Burnley in his customised BMW X5 like he owned the place! My God we have moved on since those dark days Acido. Shame about your lot!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All I can positively remember was getting beat in a night match at Oakwell and watching Brian Easton giving the worse performance I have ever witnessed from any player wearing a Burnley shirt.

We were parked up in the Health Centre(?) car park at the top of the hill and while waiting for the cars to move we were having the craic with a couple of proper Yorkshire Burnsley fans and they could not believe the Clarets could field such a totally rubbish player.

They nearly died laughing when I told them the eejit was riding around Burnley in his customised BMW X5 like he owned the place! My God we have moved on since those dark days Acido. Shame about your lot!
    I used to walk past his BMW outside Turf Moor heading to the JHU on match days, and every time I used to think of John Connolly in his chippy. If ever anyone was born into the wrong time it was John, and Easton's car was a constant reminder to me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I used to walk past his BMW outside Turf Moor heading to the JHU on match days, and every time I used to think of John Connolly in his chippy. If ever anyone was born into the wrong time it was John, and Easton's car was a constant reminder to me of that.
    Easton is still playing for St Johnstone, was their captain and won a Cup Medal with them. Hasn’t played this year but had 13 games last year.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzxRtsl3Qw

Ok down to the serious stuff. This is a tough one

1 26 April 1932 is etched into my memory. ... Not.
    2 Hull Brough and Blackpool

5 Kightley
    6 IDWT used to. I enjoy it.

3. Gary Parkinson and Paul Stewart were sent off by the infamous Kevin Lynch ---memorable match for all the wrong reasons!

5 your away kit was blue with a white vertical stripe with the sponsors name in it sideways.
    This caused a number of cricked necks so you played in the yellow top and black shorts to try to blind us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyOR4ODz_Io

Name:  CD742BC8-D80F-4F33-87DE-892FF5552411.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-03-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)