+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tykes v Burnsley quiz

4. Yellow shirts and black shorts and Burnley won 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Ok down to the serious stuff. This is a tough one

1 26 April 1932 is etched into my memory. ... Not.i
    2 Hull Brough and Blackpool

5 Kightley
    6 IDWT used to. I enjoy it.
    5 should be Barnes - kightley scored in the home game see video above.

Tahh to those that did have a go at this , here then are the answers.

1. The previous win at our ground was way back in April 1932 !.
    2. Payton also played for Hull, Middlesbrough, & Huddersfield. Blackpool was only a short loan though I think.
    3. Gary Parkinson & Paul Stewart were the two players sent off and the ref was Kevin Lynch. And I don't even think our second goal crossed the line.
    4. We did wear a Cov style all sky blue n white away kit that season, but I think we thought it would have clashed with your light blue sleeves. So we wore our amber n black third choice kit that day for the one and only time. (arent third choice kits a pointless rip off these days by the way)
    5. Ashley Barnes got the goal in the 0-1 win.
    6. No comment lol.

Acido if the BBC can't differentiate between Burnley and Barnsley (i.e. Burnsley) how the fcuk can notoriously thick Yorkshiremen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Acido if the BBC can't differentiate between Burnley and Barnsley (i.e. Burnsley) how the fcuk can notoriously thick Yorkshiremen?
    Pass!. Or is that actually a trick question ?.

What always amuses me is how similar the good folks of Burnley and Barnsley sound like. The accents can be best described as having a Burnsley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)