+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts Match Day Bet Competition – Game 38 Mansfield

£2 Notts 3-1 Mansfield @ 22/1
    £2 Notts 2-0 Mansfield @ 11/1
    £1 Notts 3-2 Mansfield @ 33/1

£1 on 2-2 draw
    £2 on Notts to win 2-1
    £2 on 5 or more goals

£2 Notts to win and both teams to score
    £1.50 over 4.5 goals
    £1.50 Notts HT+FT

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    £2 Notts to win and both teams to score
    £1.50 over 4.5 goals
    £1.50 Notts HT+FT
    60 Years.....there is a new facility on BET365 where you can combine these 3 bets into 1, BetBuilder........not sure if it has been asked, but is it allowed?......it might be my only chance of catching The Gumpster

The first week I had two singles and a double Tarkers, so I don't see why not.

You could use the new facility or just have a straightforward treble on all three.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

You could use the new facility or just have a straightforward treble on all three.
    I've just checked and in fact you can't have a treble on three options from the same match, so the Bet Builder is your only option.

The problem is that the "treble or double" has to be on unrelated markets or markets that do not even have a faint relationship with each other ie BetBuilder will not allow you to place plus 2.5 and plus 3.5 goals....the 2.5 is automatically zeroed off.....similarly I tried plus 3.5 goals with both teams to score on BetBuilder....and my odds were reduced compared with a straight paper calculation, the algorithm automatically assumes that there is a greater chance of both sides scoring if there is 4 or more goals.

The obvious "con" I tried was Notts to win both halves PLUS Notts to win by 2 or more goals......nope, it spotted it because they are essentially the same bet.....another example is Stead to score 3 goals and Notts to score 3 or more.....not allowed

My humble suggestion is that if we are allowing doubles and trebles etc, then we use BetBuilder as it is obviously programmed to spot these anomalies?

I've just checked and in fact you can't have a treble on three options from the same match, so the Bet Builder is your only option.
    I was typing my reply, sorry.....BetBuilder only....thanks....I will try it next week

The problem is that the "treble or double" has to be on unrelated markets or markets that do not even have a faint relationship with each other ie BetBuilder will not allow you to place plus 2.5 and plus 3.5 goals....the 2.5 is automatically zeroed off.....similarly I tried plus 3.5 goals with both teams to score on BetBuilder....and my odds were reduced compared with a straight paper calculation, the algorithm automatically assumes that there is a greater chance of both sides scoring if there is 4 or more goals.

The obvious "con" I tried was Notts to win both halves PLUS Notts to win by 2 or more goals......nope, it spotted it because they are essentially the same bet.....another example is Stead to score 3 goals and Notts to score 3 or more.....not allowed

My humble suggestion is that if we are allowing doubles and trebles etc, then we use BetBuilder as it is obviously programmed to spot these anomalies?
    I agree Tarkers. We can only allow bets that Bet365 will take. So it's singles or the Bet Builder.

Are we making it too complicated for the non-betting participants in the competition though?

It's also going to be rather time consuming for me if everybody chose this option, as I'd have to check all the bets for the odds.

I think, certainly for the remainder of this season, we must stick to singles, as has been the case for the past 38 games.

The bookies aren't stupid! I wish they would allow an accumulator on a draw, 0-0 correct score, no goalscorer, draw at HT / FT, less than 1.5 goals etc. You would only need one game to finish 0-0 over the season to make a big profit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast