+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Gold Cup Day...

O/T Gold Cup Day...

If you've backed these look away now :

1:30 Redicean 6/1 unbeaten over timbre so my £5 free bet will put an extra weight upon it's back.
    2:10 Sandsend 14/1 Jockey change has a woman on it now. My £2 win looks rather foolish
    2:50 Santini 4/1 £2 win Won well last time at Cheltenham
    3:30 Killultagh Vic 10/1 Fell last time when the race was at it's mercy. £5 E/W would have preferred Ruby on it to be honest :S
    4:10 Foxrock 15/2 £2 win Foxhunter's chase fancied On The Fringe but was put off by it being 13 yrs old and bombing out a bit last season in the race. Twice I've backed a female jockey in one day.
    4:50 Diesse Des Bieffes 10/1 £2 win Good young jockey and it was a good handicap it finished 5th in last time that has thrown up some winners
    5:30 North Hill Harvey 8/1 £2 win Nothing like the Skelton brothers teaming up to bale you outta the sh1t in the lucky last

Also done two 20p E/W Lucky 15's overlapping the Gold Cup.

Good luck to those that have a bet

Wat price is Dusty Rug Ponte ?
    It's nivva bin beetun ez it

5.30 - My tip for today Gino Trail 25/1 get on E/W now.

Ponte it looked like Sandsend brock it's front left leg to me , it's been put darn , which is a shame ,
    daft question i suppose ? But can't they save the Horse by operating ? And retiring it ,,

Av nivva bin into Hoss Racing. Mi Dad took mi to Ponte Racecooarse on a miner's trip frum Doduth Club but all a saw worra horses arses flashing past ivvery heyf an hour.

A watched Gold Cup this aft and was amazed at the crowds. A wo sharting thi bet on Roma burrit hit a fence and fell back. Aar did tha get on wi rest ?

A dint evva bet , burrav reyt enjoyed watchin it , can tha soort a charra art fo next year ? Cheltnum , Nice , all to luk forrard t

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ponte it looked like Sandsend brock it's front left leg to me , it's been put darn , which is a shame ,
    daft question i suppose ? But can't they save the Horse by operating ? And retiring it ,,
    They cant mate it's down to infection and the stress it puts on the animals form balancing on three legs. Almost like borrowing off Peter to pay back Paul. Crap analogy I know. Very sad. Two quids nowt compared to a life of a beautiful animal.

Didn't see the race but I'm told it would have won mate. Not that it matters

Hosses legs wen brock can't mend like ours do roma , just one of those things a nature .

Terrible thing when you see the tent getting erected on the course because you know it's getting put darn .

Unfortunately it's a business is hoss racing and we tend to look at them as pets if you like , the owners and trainers don't .

Hate the Grand National for the same reasons , terrible race , niver watch it personally , better in recent years but still a very dangerous race in my opinion .

Very sad to hear abart that hoss today .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 16-03-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Totally agree , not watched it fo years , a remember when the Grand National, Boat Race , and Fa Cup semis were all on the same day , alterations to times, days , venues , have taken away what was one of the Best Sporting Days in this country , Even 5/6 nations Rugby has fallen to too many alterations , leerve things as they were , it wa far betta

Totally agree , not watched it fo years , a remember when the Grand National, Boat Race , and Fa Cup semis were all on the same day , alterations to times, days , venues , have taken away what was one of the Best Sporting Days in this country , Even 5/6 nations Rugby has fallen to too many alterations , leerve things as they were , it wa far betta
    When tha see's them hosses in parade ring up close the bloody magnificent animals .

That's what gets mi abart hoss racing , its a great day out but when it goes wrong them hosses lose their life .

Best result in any race is if they all get around safe , losing a few bob dunt even come into it for me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast