+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Have to admit I was surprised at Kirk being preferred to Ainley. In the first 15 minutes it was obvious that we lacked numbers in our midfield and Coventry were just outsmarting us in the centre of the park.

When Zooms got injured it was right to move Pickering to LB, but the choice of substitute was completely amazing. Bringing on Ainley meant we now had two wingers who are not known for their defensive qualities. This left the midfield even weaker. Should have been Jones or Walker as sub.

I know that Coventry have one of the best defences, but in the game they were shaky and hesitant. We did not take our chances .

All in all this loss was completely down to Dave Artell. Bad team selection. Dire substitution, and poor tactics. May be a nice man and may be passionate, but for me he is not the right man for the job.

Our next game against Forest Green for me is a must win.
    Jones was not ready to play any part in that match on Saturday. His run out was scheduled for today against Colchester in the Under 23's. Wintle was also due to get a run out today. Cannot understand why people are complaining already after this loss. Criticism has already started in abundance on social media, after a game in which we didn't really fancy our chances. There had been an improvement in performances and results before Saturday, so let us just all get behind the club we love. There are some out there who seem to want us to fail.

We've had a few games recently where we've played relatively well. Typical that the bad game happens when the conditions are not right (do they ever train. In bad conditions to be ready for games like this?)
    I also agree that the substitutions were a bit wired and worrying that DA didn't understand that that was the reason ° the forwards didn't get much of a kick of the ball 2nd half°
    Still as we all know Tuesday is the. Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Jones was not ready to play any part in that match on Saturday. His run out was scheduled for today against Colchester in the Under 23's. Wintle was also due to get a run out today. Cannot understand why people are complaining already after this loss. Criticism has already started in abundance on social media, after a game in which we didn't really fancy our chances. There had been an improvement in performances and results before Saturday, so let us just all get behind the club we love. There are some out there who seem to want us to fail.
    Walker wasn't on the bench either - Pickering seemed the obvious LB fill in, but we missed him in midfield, in hindsight I'd have brought Raynes on and moved Eddie Nolan to LB, but I like most just expected Pickering to go there as soon as Zooms went down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12