+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vs Motherwll Scottish Cup Semi

What was the crowd for the Morton semi? Can't see this being any more than 20000. I'd say 18000 tops. 10000 of us max and Motherwell boy in my work reckons between 6000-8000 of them. I agree that prices for our game given location and kick off time should be cheaper but the powers that be have never been a body that will listen or consider those sort of factors. You could charge the cheeks £50 a head and it would still sell out,

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    What was the crowd for the Morton semi? Can't see this being any more than 20000. I'd say 18000 tops. 10000 of us max and Motherwell boy in my work reckons between 6000-8000 of them. I agree that prices for our game given location and kick off time should be cheaper but the powers that be have never been a body that will listen or consider those sort of factors. You could charge the cheeks £50 a head and it would still sell out,
    Crowd was 16,183 of which 10,977 were Aberdeen.

That was League Cup in late October.

League Cup is always a bit lower attendance wise.

Prices have to be same for both semi finals, given that receipts are split equally four ways.

Yep I get that kkong but to me it's just something else that needs to be looked at for the overall good of the game. Do you think the crowd will be more than 18000???

Rubbish time, rubbish location, rubbish prices but the one upside is that our quarter share of a combined 70,000 or so crowd should give us something like a £500,000 payment after TV income is included. If we can reach final then should be another £500,000 or so. Given the amount of squad rebuilding needed in Summer that will be very helpful income.

Yep I get that kkong but to me it's just something else that needs to be looked at for the overall good of the game. Do you think the crowd will be more than 18000???
    Agreed. Dogma dictates. Treating everybody equally has never been better than treating everyone fairly.

They should apply a bit of common sense and put our semi to Easter Road(might even be a scramble for tickets - but I've got gazillions of loyalty points). The prices (for us oaps) aren't too bad tho but I would prefer to pay a bit more to be in a ground where I have a good chance of working our what is happening at the other end of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Agreed. Dogma dictates. Treating everybody equally has never been better than treating everyone fairly.

They should apply a bit of common sense and put our semi to Easter Road(might even be a scramble for tickets - but I've got gazillions of loyalty points). The prices (for us oaps) aren't too bad tho but I would prefer to pay a bit more to be in a ground where I have a good chance of working our what is happening at the other end of the pitch.
    Trouble is, contractually they are obliged to hold the semi finals and finals at Hampden until 2020.

Part of the deal with the SFA lease, debenture holders etc.

I'd think there will be more there than for the Morton game.

I'd expect maybe 21-22k.

Dons semi finals over last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    They should apply a bit of common sense and put our semi to Easter Road
    Why is that common sense though? I'm sure Motherwell fans would rather go to Hampden as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Why is that common sense though? I'm sure Motherwell fans would rather go to Hampden as well.
    It’s common sense for two main reasons.

- 18-20k in Easter Road/Tynecastle makes for a far better atmosphere than the same number at Hamdump.
    - Geographically it’s fairer.

The obsession the SFA have with that utter sh1tehole Hamdump is pathetic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast