+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheff Utd Joins the Hunt

Sheff Utd Joins the Hunt

So it's basically Bristol City and the Blades that hope to pinch a play off place from yourselves and Boro. If they beat us as I expect them to on Saturday, that would really set the cat amongst the pigeons. Goal difference could well decide a place this term. 76 points I believe will be 6th spot.

Brentford's hopes were basically snuffed out last night and I'm also inclined to believe Preston won't be a factor.

The question whether Bristol City can rediscover their form and if the Blades can similarly show their early season promise. They definitely have a chance. Victory over Cardiff could be massive for Derby, but I think a draw is not too bad a result.

Do you still have to play either of them, Brizzle and the Blades? Now that would be a real 6 pointer not 'the 'fake 6 pointer', I'm sad to say, a senile Forest fan had suggested about the East Midlands Derby.

Derbys remaining fixtures are
    Cardiff h
    Sunderland h
    Preston a
    Bolton h
    Wolves a
    Burton a
    Boro h
    Villa a
    Barnsley h
    Some interesting ties there
    I personally think we blew our chances with the lack of activity in the transfer window
    But ya never know

Wolves away looks dicey. If they haven't secured promotion or look towards the title, they'll be up for it for sure.
    Boro is a must avoid defeat at all costs and maybe Villa away could be not so important for them if they're assured of the playoffs.
    14 -16 points needed. You should achieve it.

romAnis Its gone we blew it weeks ago there is know way we will get anywhere near 15 points from those fixtures You can leave Preston in the mix they are a very good team Wolves and Cardiff will pull away and a feeling Boro will win the playoffs

Some of you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. Heck I believe every other fan whose club was in 5th place with 9 games to go would be very excited. They'd be willing their team across the finish line. Huddersfield more or less limped across the finish line, late victories over Preston and Wolves and the away draw at Derby secured the play-off place, in between they were losing games badly but somehow contrived to gain the 7 points that took them over the line. And where did they finish?

Would you rather exchange places with Preston and Bristol City since you're talking so good about them? Some of seem to want failure. Pathetic.

I think it will be all down to how the top 8 play against each other. Let's give the top 4 a shoe in and then concentrate on the other candidates for a top 6 finish.....

Sheffield United - Cardiff, Bristol, Preston
    Bristol - Middlesbrough, Sheffield United
    Preston - Derby, Sheffield United
    Boro - Wolves, Sheff U, Bristol, Derby. They also have Brentford and Millwall the only 2 other clubs with an outside chance of the playoffs.

We still have Cardif and Boro at home, Wolves and Villa away to come.

Looks like us and Boro have the hardest runs of the contenders. The international break is coming at a good time for us. The 2 suspensions will have been served. The walking wounded will have had a break in which they can recover. I am still confident.

Just to be clear I'm not taking a pop at you Mistaram, or perhaps DCFC or anyone else in particular. Rather it's a collective reproach at all the moaning and whining. Yes things have not been rosy and yes it may well go tits up again, much to the delight of many of my fellow fans.
    However what has supporting this club taught you? You guys laugh at us Forest for reminiscing about the past and dreaming of a return to past glory. But isn't that what we all support our team for, the idiotic belief that success is just round the corner?
    And what has being in this crap division taught you after so many years?

Yes, anything is possible and the possible and probable can and will become the impossible. And that anybody can beat anybody. Anybody can go and a run and anybody on a run can nosedive into oblivion. But you have a REAL CHANCE and real chances are a rare thing in this god forsaken division filled with the graveyards of many a yester year great team.

So stop all this moaning and gloom, get excited for crying out loud. 3 or 4 more victories are very possible. Just to get over the line and even if you fail then, at least you got 2 more games and possibly a Wembley trip. Stop thinking about next season, it's NOW. Next season you might be an also ran, God knows who's gonna come down from the Prem and take this division by storm. The Baggies are ****e now, but they will be force next season. And we have the possibility of West Ham or Southampton. We might have to kiss next season goodbye before it even starts.

Stop get up from this period of lamentation. Feck care Preston, Bristol and Sheffield. Why worry about them? If they're so good as some performances suggest they should be challenging Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and Wolves. They all have an Achilles heel and Derby is not a poor side. Yes your form is patchy but it's a stretch to say you're poor. I hope to see more positivity from hereon.
    Last edited by Romanis; 16-03-2018 at 07:46 AM.

romAnis I've never mentioned next season your the one worrying about WBA and Southampton not me Sunderland and Hull came down last year look what theve done You are right anything. can happen in this division but only if you want it to and I don't see enough players in this squad who want it to

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Just to be clear I'm not taking a pop at you Mistaram, or perhaps DCFC or anyone else in particular. Rather it's a collective reproach at all the moaning and whining. Yes things have not been rosy and yes it may well go tits up again, much to the delight of many of my fellow fans.
    However what has supporting this club taught you? You guys laugh at us Forest for reminiscing about the past and dreaming of a return to past glory. But isn't that what we all support our team for, the idiotic belief that success is just round the corner?
    And what has being in this crap division taught you after so many years?

Yes, anything is possible and the possible and probable can and will become the impossible. And that anybody can beat anybody. Anybody can go and a run and anybody on a run can nosedive into oblivion. But you have a REAL CHANCE and real chances are a rare thing in this god forsaken division filled with the graveyards of many a yester year great team.

So stop all this moaning and gloom, get excited for crying out loud. 3 or 4 more victories are very possible. Just to get over the line and even if you fail then, at least you got 2 more games and possibly a Wembley trip. Stop thinking about next season, it's NOW. Next season you might be an also ran, God knows who's gonna come down from the Prem and take this division by storm. The Baggies are ****e now, but they will be force next season. And we have the possibility of West Ham or Southampton. We might have to kiss next season goodbye before it even starts.

Stop get up from this period of lamentation. Feck care Preston, Bristol and Sheffield. Why worry about them? If they're so good as some performances suggest they should be challenging Fulham, Villa, Cardiff and Wolves. They all have an Achilles heel and Derby is not a poor side. Yes your form is patchy but it's a stretch to say you're poor. I hope to see more positivity from hereon.
    Out of order Rom. We’re just being realistic. A fourth consecutive year of post Christmas collapse has taken it’s toll.
    It’s all about momentum. I realise that’s a concept that Forest have been unfamiliar with since they escaped from League 1, but if you’re fifth at this time of the season on the back of a good run then there is optimism, if you’ve collapsed to fifth on the back of a winless run that stretches to almost two months things feel a little different.
    One good result can change everything and hopefully it will come this weekend so...COYR...Cardiff, Bristol City and Sheffield United have all had their dismal runs...don’t be surprised when anxiety creeps in over ours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)