+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worth a punt?

Worth a punt?

Interesting (and amusing) read, but with (possibly) a serious point to make. As we are where we are, and there is little risk of serious failure, is it worth giving this guy a run out?

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/super-bouy/

Tin hat time!

'What little I've seen of him'

Kids of sums that up, none of us know. For all we know he is getting turned inside out everyday in training.

throwing kids in at the deep end, is the only feasible option radrizaani as got open to him, at the present moment in time. the young kids have nowt to lose, and can only enhance their reputations, seeing as most of this teams players reputations are in tatters already .

if bpf , pearce and maybe one or two more, can make the grade , it will save him a few quid in the transfer market , but the bigger picture is major surgery is needed , putting a sticking plaster over a gaping wound, will not solve the problems as to what is required as far as the quality of player needed at this club is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    'What little I've seen of him'

Kids of sums that up, none of us know. For all we know he is getting turned inside out everyday in training.
    And we have so many players in the 1st team squad that are turning in stellar performances? I asked if he was worth a punt, I take it you would say no? What other options that might improve matters (even if only by giving teh current 1st team a massive kick up the ar5e), are open to us, given that the current 1st team squad are about as motivated as a turkey on December 24th????

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And we have so many players in the 1st team squad that are turning in stellar performances? I asked if he was worth a punt, I take it you would say no? What other options that might improve matters (even if only by giving teh current 1st team a massive kick up the ar5e), are open to us, given that the current 1st team squad are about as motivated as a turkey on December 24th????
    I would say no because he hasn't even made the bench. If he was showing his worth in training and putting the hard yards in there/ U23s he'd have been somewhere close to the match day squad.

It is all well and good saying the current ones arent doing well but if this lad is crap in training then there is no point. You've got to earn your spot in that match day squad and maybe this is a shining example of why our first team are dreadful because they can see in training that there is no competition behind them...

I would say no because he hasn't even made the bench. If he was showing his worth in training and putting the hard yards in there/ U23s he'd have been somewhere close to the match day squad.

It is all well and good saying the current ones arent doing well but if this lad is crap in training then there is no point. You've got to earn your spot in that match day squad and maybe this is a shining example of why our first team are dreadful because they can see in training that there is no competition behind them...
    Suppose it depends on what view the 1st team have of how the development squads are doing.

Frankly I'd put my gran (who is unfortunately no longer with us) in the squad and scare the sh1t out of one or two ( but given the length of contract we have (for some unknown reason) given to a number of them, they probably don't give a sh1t)

Well put point Joel -

Just add that four TC 'regular' starters prior and after Christmas were having injuries 'managed' (Ayling for one).
    The club Doctors and physiotherapists are often viewed as the staff responsible for ‘managing players away from injury’ - as in the Pontus situation in which his daily training regime is individually personalised to protect a long term condition which has to be properly managed.
    With the younger players (U23) the club physiotherapists or doctors will always be advocating to reduce training loads so that fewer players will succumb to ‘load-related’ (eg, overuse) injuries..............
    However, how many of the decisions governing players and their individual training scenarios are abided by is ultimately the Coach/Managers decision regarding match selection - this situation was 'alleged' to have caused some dressing room unrest during TC's tenure and it would appear now that players are being told that they cannot be available for selection by Doctors first and foremost which in my opinion is now correct.
    So player power,Agent power is being overruled by club power whether that be right or wrong it does have an effect on appearance bonus power but ultimately protects the younger ones like Vieira who has had 'leg issues's and as such had his appearance development limited/managed.

MOT

Following on ........ Our Finnish youngster Halme is now 'being managed' through injury - shame as it looked as 'tho he was going straight into squad before season end.
    Oh well .......... http://the72.co.uk/99579/leeds-unite...n-plan-mapped/

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Following on ........ Our Finnish youngster Halme is now 'being managed' through injury - shame as it looked as 'tho he was going straight into squad before season end.
    Oh well .......... http://the72.co.uk/99579/leeds-unite...n-plan-mapped/
    it seems to me mrs o, that the first requirement of any signing who comes here, seems that they have to be injured .lol

the club obviously are not ensuring that these players are fully fit before they come here mrs o, , ekuban ,halme, and roberts , klitsch got injured getting off the plane ffs , just four examples . does our club doctor or physician have a white stick and dark glasses by any chance. .lol
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 22-03-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)