+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Draw v Stags.. good or bad?

Draw v Stags.. good or bad?

I have a sneaking feeling that both of the clubs owners & managers would be happy with a point tomorrow it would certainly keep both clubs in the mix, but what do the fans including our many fingered visitors think? Personally I believe that any chance that we may have of automatic depends on our home form & our ability to beat the teams around us add to this the Stags uncertain form under new management & the fact that we owe the buggers big time tells me that we should go all out for a win however I suppose if you set it against 7 points out of the last 9 a draw wouldn't be disastrous, from a Stags point of view I would have thought ideally a win & leapfrog us but realistically an away draw making it 4 points out of 6 & "bragging rights" yet again would send you home happy?

Good

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have a sneaking feeling that both of the clubs owners & managers would be happy with a point tomorrow it would certainly keep both clubs in the mix, but what do the fans including our many fingered visitors think? Personally I believe that any chance that we may have of automatic depends on our home form & our ability to beat the teams around us add to this the Stags uncertain form under new management & the fact that we owe the buggers big time tells me that we should go all out for a win however I suppose if you set it against 7 points out of the last 9 a draw wouldn't be disastrous, from a Stags point of view I would have thought ideally a win & leapfrog us but realistically an away draw making it 4 points out of 6 & "bragging rights" yet again would send you home happy?
    A draw wouldn't be a disaster but we are capable of more.

Bookies have it down as a draw.

Personally I make Notts favourites. Good home record, Bit of a run going and Evans going are all in Notts favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    A draw wouldn't be a disaster but we are capable of more.

Bookies have it down as a draw.

Personally I make Notts favourites. Good home record, Bit of a run going and Evans going are all in Notts favour.
    I totally agree with this, we should be going for this hammer and tongs and I hope the boys put on a decent show against them for the first time in a long while, a win opens up a 6 point gap between us and also for some reason I don't see Wycombe beating Barnet tomorrow so it could be a good day indeed.

Whatever the result I just hope we give it everything, from start to finish. If we do that and lose, so be it. I just can't handle another gutless performance and being (rightly) taunted by the Stags fans.

OK - and what I predicted on the other thread.

Only, have you seen the easy run-ins of Coventry, Lincoln and Swindon? I think automatic will need 81 and play-offs about 76pts. If we don't win this one, we'll have to take the other big 6pt clashes.

Win at home, draw away.

We owe them a well-timed tonking. I hope Nolo readies us for war.

If this situation doesn't motivate our team, it's hard to imagine what would. I'll be amazed if we don't get a win today. It's crucial that we do, because we're running out of games and - much as we may hope otherwise - it's hard to see other results going our way this afternoon.

I was really surprised that KN apparently couldn't work out why we'd sold 4,000 away tickets, especially as we've just announced the hiring of another group of backroom staff.