+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Semi-final tickets

Semi-final tickets

The Aberdeen website now carries details of their ticketing process for the semi-final. They have been allocated the West stand in addition to their share of the North and South stands.

I guess that means we get the East end.

for info

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/03/16/sem...ay-14th-april/

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    The Aberdeen website now carries details of their ticketing process for the semi-final. They have been allocated the West stand in addition to their share of the North and South stands.

I guess that means we get the East end.

for info

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/03/16/sem...ay-14th-april/
    Aside from the clusterf*ck decision of the SFA to play this at 12.15 at Hamdump (it should be in Tynecastle) they then decide to put Aberdeen in the West stand when they’re travelling from the North & east!
    Useless c***s

Why should it have been Tynecastle? That would have made it more like a home game for Aberdeen given the more compact nature of the stadium and would have given them an advantage straight away.

All Scottish Cup Semi Finals are played at Hampden regardless of participants and that is the way it should be as it is a completely neutral venue.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    they then decide to put Aberdeen in the West stand when they’re travelling from the North & east!
    That decision completely baffles me too. I had always assumed that the ends that teams were allocated depended to a large extent on geography, which seems logical. However this decision blows that notion out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    That decision completely baffles me too. I had always assumed that the ends that teams were allocated depended to a large extent on geography, which seems logical. However this decision blows that notion out of the water.
    That is a strange one I'll give you though I'm not complaining as it is a lot easier for our fans having the East end of the ground in terms of travel. Along the M74, off at the Polmadie cut off and the coach is parked minutes later and you're on Hampden's doorstep. Alot better than taking the 'Dumbreck corridor' that we had to take for the final against Celtic and ended up touring half of Glasgow's south side before finally getting to Hampden. I expected us to be in the Mount Florida end for this one given the geography which is usually applied when neither of the Old Firm are involved, but I think Aberdeen have had that end on most of their recent trips to Hampden so possibly they are just sticking to a tried and tested formula.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    That is a strange one I'll give you though I'm not complaining as it is a lot easier for our fans having the East end of the ground in terms of travel. Along the M74, off at the Polmadie cut off and the coach is parked minutes later and you're on Hampden's doorstep. Alot better than taking the 'Dumbreck corridor' that we had to take for the final against Celtic and ended up touring half of Glasgow's south side before finally getting to Hampden. I expected us to be in the Mount Florida end for this one given the geography which is usually applied when neither of the Old Firm are involved, but I think Aberdeen have had that end on most of their recent trips to Hampden so possibly they are just sticking to a tried and tested formula.
    FFS ... Captain George fae the auld Clyde1 'Eye in the Sky' chopper would be well proud of that summary Lawman

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Be baffled by nothing the SFA do.
    That’s an organisation who reserve ends at their stadium for two teams.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Why should it have been Tynecastle? That would have made it more like a home game for Aberdeen given the more compact nature of the stadium and would have given them an advantage straight away.

All Scottish Cup Semi Finals are played at Hampden regardless of participants and that is the way it should be as it is a completely neutral venue.
    How on Earth is Tynecastle an advantage to Aberdeen because it’s a tight stadium?!
    I don’t follow you.
    You could argue Hamdump favours Aberdeen as we’ve been there about 6 times in 4-5 years.
    And Tynecastle is a completely neutral stadium.
    Surely 20,000 in Tynecastle would be better than 20,000 in Hamdump?

[QUOTE=RedStarTorphins;38834156]How on Earth is Tynecastle an advantage to Aberdeen because it’s a tight stadium?!
    I don’t follow you.
    You could argue Hamdump favours Aberdeen as we’ve been there about 6 times in 4-5 years.
    And Tynecastle is a completely neutral stadium.
    Surely 20,000 in Tynecastle would be better than 20,000 in Hamdump?

Steady on R S T ... you'll be getting lifted soon due to yer common sense argument. Tynecastle (or Easter Rd even), would be a far better venue for both teams. But, it'll be the Glasgow 5hithole yet again.

Motherwell tickets go on sale from Monday (26th).

All the details here

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/0...information-4/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)