+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Sheffield Wednesday ***Matchday Thread***

I went to a lot of games last season and god knows how we won some of them. In my opinion we over performed last season and have under performed this. Bar Bartley I think this years squad is better but I realise you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I went to a lot of games last season and god knows how we won some of them. In my opinion we over performed last season and have under performed this. Bar Bartley I think this years squad is better but I realise you don’t.
    we are nowhere near as good as last season , wood scored more goals than our entire strikeforce as done all season

bartley was infinitely better than cooper will ever be , wiedwald as been a disaster , green never replaced properly .

the list is endless

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    You'd have to have basic knowledge of all the Leeds United fractious supporter groups Jez to understand the 'blog/article' ............
    I linked the blog as LFU has over 2,000 members from all over including local community groups with some serious global big cash guns amongst its ranks and their goal of a stake in the club was serious - now they may wish to invest direct with the Rad or some of their corporate members may have alternative ideas to discuss with the Rad .......... Massimo chose to sell to the Rad ultimately but LFU may be keen to invest yet again directly or indirectly.

For info starters,Elland Road - Radrizzani allowed LUST to register it as an Asset of Community Value and the 'community vested interested groups' have six months to buy it if they so wish.Radrizzani can only sell to whoever he wants after six months via a clause period - but in any event he won't be able to shift the freehold of it offshore like before as the community has blocked such action legally.

Add the fact that land development around ER into the mix and planning permission only lasts so long, third parties coming in to pay for development thus leaving debts that have to be paid.But if a club has assets that can be realised in 2/3/4/5 years time they can be sold leaving the debts for someone else to pick up - as we know.Interested parties from outside UK often use mediators,so my services if they require language translations are often used.

Many folks buy football clubs to develop stadia and surrounding land with borrowed money (Mmmm as we know) then sell,take the profit and scuttle off back to the other side of the world with a profit leaving a club in administration.(Mmmm as we know).

Like you Jez - 'I'm to busy living' and have to earn a living which sometimes involves matters involving my home city and football club working with a variety of people who pay me to get results for them and is why folks like YOU and WTF11 fail to understand why I am positive in my posts/replies and cannot forward all details that may be negative.
    Investment is complicated as is managing debt - but if there is a will there's a way !

ALAW - MOT
    And Marley?

Anyway, i was responding to your quote of what the poster on the other site said, which seems to be one-eyed to say the least, and nothing that you had said, but hopefully the management turns out to be decent this time, although my points about all the mistakes he's made so far stand as clear as day for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    jez

Dont disagree with much of what you say. I meant capricious in the sense for a while the results didn’t go their way and they were in a false position (us in reverse when we were 1st).

Agree on instilling confidence in employees and would be in the same boat as you in what I do. I think the non football stuff looks much better in that regard though.

Football side needs work and not saying we are perfect, we are far from the finished article, but better in my eyes than for a while. Prepared to cut Rad some slack as he is new to this though do think we was wrong to get rid of TC and should keep a dignified silence on matters which should remain private.

Squad wise I do think it is better than last years. I guess the acid test this year will be if we keep hold of good players and then add to them ....

.. oh and the small matter of finding a manager/coach/leader who can take the squad forward. PH likeable chap but results heading south.

cheers
    Yep agreed on the last point definitely - worrying times, although he's now in effect trying to make a silk purse out of an already shredded sow's ear so i feel quite sorry for him.

I hope that Marley's not right (though i suspect he might be) that the off-the-field stuff that seems positive right now is primarily a vehicle so the club becomes worth more so it can be sold on, rather than to build to funding for a proper investment in the team. I like to hope for the best, like you, but when the evidence becomes clear to the contrary, I won't be afraid of saying it - like with Weidwald - the evidence was clear by late September. Same with O'Kane, Allioski's lightweight nature, Saiz's suspect temperament, Berardi's suspect temperament, Cooper's inadequacy in defending and making decisions, Lasogga's inconsistency, etc etc.

So my view on Radrizzani is simply based on the evidence presented by him in his way of dealing with the crises and problem-solving of the season so far. Just like his players, he should simply be judged on performance, not blind loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    we are nowhere near as good as last season , wood scored more goals than our entire strikeforce as done all season

bartley was infinitely better than cooper will ever be , wiedwald as been a disaster , green never replaced properly .

the list is endless
    And all the 'investment' in players was really just the 20 million Wood and Taylor money, so was any 'new' money actually spent to bring in those 16 or whatever players? Did any real investment in the transfer fees happen? I guess the wages might be slightly higher than last year, perhaps?

When you judge by results, which is what football does, then selling those two and replacing them with these six**** has basically dropped us down about 7 places in the table and wasted another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    And all the 'investment' in players was really just the 20 million Wood and Taylor money, so was any 'new' money actually spent to bring in those 16 or whatever players? Did any real investment in the transfer fees happen? I guess the wages might be slightly higher than last year, perhaps?

When you judge by results, which is what football does, then selling those two and replacing them with these six**** has basically dropped us down about 7 places in the table and wasted another year.
    yes, ,selling wood and taylor, and not replacing bartley and green, with players of similiar quality as been reflected in our performances and position in the table .

the players that were got rid off , were the most important positions , and hardest to replace , THE SPINE OF THE TEAM .

goalkeeper , centre back , centre forward , once you do that, and replace them with players of inferior ability , you are just asking for trouble .

Last season we relied 90% on woods goals, next highest I think was Bartley and he's a defender

This season started with lasogga roofe Saiz hernandez alioski and Phillips all getting a few each, so initially goals weren't a problem

We were linked with helander Bartley and flint and got none of them, we should have replaced green with either stockdale ruddy or marshall, we got none of them, forshaw should have been signed in the summer instead of January, lasogga should have been a good replacement baring in mind he was about 3rd or 4th choice for the German international team 2 seasons ago, I still actually think lasogga is a better player than wood, some may disagree.

Mistakes have been made this season, but those 15 games where we were top 6 gave us belief we would have a good season, it's a shame it's panned out this way

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post

Jez, the wage bill isn't "slightly higher", it's gone up £7 million in one year! That's not rumour or conjecture, it's fact, confirmed by the clubs own statements.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Last season we relied 90% on woods goals, next highest I think was Bartley and he's a defender

This season started with lasogga roofe Saiz hernandez alioski and Phillips all getting a few each, so initially goals weren't a problem

We were linked with helander Bartley and flint and got none of them, we should have replaced green with either stockdale ruddy or marshall, we got none of them, forshaw should have been signed in the summer instead of January, lasogga should have been a good replacement baring in mind he was about 3rd or 4th choice for the German international team 2 seasons ago, I still actually think lasogga is a better player than wood, some may disagree.

Mistakes have been made this season, but those 15 games where we were top 6 gave us belief we would have a good season, it's a shame it's panned out this way

Agreed Clive

i seem to remember Green getting stick on this forum early part of last season. Key to the run of form seemed to be finding that back 4 which stayed together and provided a platform. Some of the passing and skill levels in front of them was truly shocking though. Fulham (a) and Brentford (a) if the coach drivers had paid as little attention to the road as our midfield did to keeping the ball there would have been a massacre on the M1

Hey Mr Hopeless lad (and thats NOT a good positive name is it ? lol).
    Seriously though Hop, I cant give you fans a great saying about Hecky right now because to be honest he sucks in this Champship. Who can argue with that ?.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)