+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Sheffield Wednesday ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I feel orta is more the issue than radrizzani, he's the one bringing in the dross, and hoodwinking radrizzani into thinking it's always the managers fault.
    Spot on.

What was wrong with the old model.

Chairman /Owner
    Manager
    Assistant manager
    First team coach
    Gk coach
    Chief scout
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post

ekuban worked hard and was unlucky not to score today
    If by "unlucky" you mean "he missed 2 fairly straightforward chances in front of goal that, had he taken, probably would have changed the whole course of the game in our favour" then you are correct. One of them was a sitter from about 6 yards out and he seemed to pass it weakly straight at the keeper in the centre of the goal. He has no concept of time and space, very little composure and seemingly no self-confidence. Since his only real purpose is to put the ball in the back of the net them I'm afraid he simply doesn't cut it. His running off the ball and chasing was quite good and so if we could morph him and Lazy-ogga into a single being then we might have a half decent striker. Anyone have the number for Dr Frankenstein?

Ekuban wasn't helped by being the one upfront guy, he's better in a 2 upfront

Ekuban wasn't helped by being the one upfront guy, he's better in a 2 upfront
    he would be better on a flight back to italy clive .

many fans would volunteer to drive him to the airport .

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    he would be better on a flight back to italy clive .

many fans would volunteer to drive him to the airport .
    I'd volunteer to fly him and I haven't flown a plane for a very long time!

Ekuban is 5hite

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    mick mcarthy working under this lot mrs o lol

he would have orta and radrizaani pinned up against a wall in five minutes lol
    ................ Micks a *****cat - it's his wife Fiona you don't mess with !

Big Mick on football .......... "People talk about loyalty in football. How loyal is football to footballers? I have a great relationship with the fans here but if we struggle next season I'll hear the 'McCarthy out' chants. I'm very happy to stay, and I'll not go looking for something else but if big money came in for me, of course I'll go. I'm as loyal to football as football allows me to be."

MOT

What was wrong with the old model.

Chairman /Owner
    Manager
    Assistant manager
    First team coach
    Gk coach
    Chief scout
    Scout
    nothing if it works Clive - not really been that great for us in recent times though. Equally, many clubs successfully use the DoF model and if it works it works.

whatever the model, especially if one changes the model it needs time to bed down and deliver results. Orta has had very little time and the UK media especially old school pundits seem to hate it but ... why do things have to never change.

take the resurgence of German football in the last 10 years. A lot of that is based on the plan one H Wilkinson produced for the FA but a lot of which the FA did not fully implement. the Germans took more of it and hey presto ....

the main point of which is if there are other ways of doing things which MIGHT (not saying they are) better then worth considering them.

Once you you have a plan stick to it, review and edit so it can be calibrated along the way but give it TIME to work.

with regards to Orta where is the evidence that

1 His recommendations for signings are all rubbish - wouldn’t put Siaz, Alioski, LDB, Forshaw, Cibicki or a lot of the younger players brought in into that category. look at the players he was involved in bringing in at Boro; some of those tore us apart.
    2.that he is responsible for coaching, tactics or training - which is a big part of the equation
    3. That he directly picks the team (though in some sports an outside influence on selection can be positive).

the reality is that we have a new owner putting in place new ways of working (we also have a new MD) and it takes time to formulate plans and implement them. Understandably, lots of fans are frustrated not least after years of the likes of KB, GFH etc but surely they need time.

look at Clive Woodward and the 2003 World Cup he has been in post for 6 years and after then 1999 World Cup knives were out for his head. Pep Guardiola last season got a fair bit of flak at various points of the season. Alex Ferguson took years and years to win the league.

Also so you can have the right players and the right systems but sometimes things overtake you or luck plays a part - look at England in this years 6 Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    nothing if it works Clive - not really been that great for us in recent times though. Equally, many clubs successfully use the DoF model and if it works it works.

whatever the model, especially if one changes the model it needs time to bed down and deliver results. Orta has had very little time and the UK media especially old school pundits seem to hate it but ... why do things have to never change.

take the resurgence of German football in the last 10 years. A lot of that is based on the plan one H Wilkinson produced for the FA but a lot of which the FA did not fully implement. the Germans took more of it and hey presto ....

the main point of which is if there are other ways of doing things which MIGHT (not saying they are) better then worth considering them.

Once you you have a plan stick to it, review and edit so it can be calibrated along the way but give it TIME to work.

with regards to Orta where is the evidence that

1 His recommendations for signings are all rubbish - wouldn’t put Siaz, Alioski, LDB, Forshaw, Cibicki or a lot of the younger players brought in into that category. look at the players he was involved in bringing in at Boro; some of those tore us apart.
    2.that he is responsible for coaching, tactics or training - which is a big part of the equation
    3. That he directly picks the team (though in some sports an outside influence on selection can be positive).

the reality is that we have a new owner putting in place new ways of working (we also have a new MD) and it takes time to formulate plans and implement them. Understandably, lots of fans are frustrated not least after years of the likes of KB, GFH etc but surely they need time.

look at Clive Woodward and the 2003 World Cup he has been in post for 6 years and after then 1999 World Cup knives were out for his head. Pep Guardiola last season got a fair bit of flak at various points of the season. Alex Ferguson took years and years to win the league.

Also so you can have the right players and the right systems but sometimes things overtake you or luck plays a part - look at England in this years 6 Nations.
    On one thing (probably only one), we agree, if it works, it works.

Thing is, whatever "it", us at Leeds right now, it's NOT working and change of a systemic nature is required.

You say "give it time", care to define what that means? 1 whole season, two, three, and how is progress to be measured (goals scored/conceded, points, final position, games won/lost etc?)?

Are you content that the squad remains "as is"? If not, what changes/additions?

You're happy to shoot my suggestions down (as are it others!), how about some of your own, unless you think all is rosey?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)