+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Sheffield Wednesday ***Matchday Thread***

Hey Acido

Sadly think you may be 100% spot on with PH.

how are you boys getting on at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hey Acido. Sadly think you may be 100% spot on with PH. how are you boys getting on at the moment?
    We are just about to beat Real Barca United Spurs etc, by 5 tries to 3, and an extra drop goal and a touch down field goal as well lol.
    (Ive lost the plot here kid, what am I on about ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We are just about to beat Real Barca United Spurs etc, by 5 tries to 3, and an extra drop goal and a touch down field goal as well lol.
    (Ive lost the plot here kid, what am I on about ?)
    some form of strange hybrid between rugby league and American football it seems - think you need to throw in some hockey, darts and ping pong for good measure

I just wonder Hop, if the great (Alan) Clarkie could and would come back to us in the present day!.
    Ive got nothing but absolute praise for Clarkie & Hunter, they both put us on the map at that time in all fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Jez, the wage bill isn't "slightly higher", it's gone up £7 million in one year! That's not rumour or conjecture, it's fact, confirmed by the clubs own statements.
    So what you're saying is that we've invested £7 million (new money) in the team this year then?

So my point stands doesn't it? Peanuts. Monkeys.

Or do i need to be educated on things i don't understand by those that do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    So what you're saying is that we've invested £7 million (new money) in the team this year then?

So my point stands doesn't it? Peanuts. Monkeys.

Or do i need to be educated on things i don't understand by those that do?
    Hey, don't get bent of shape with me m8, we are usually on the same page (as I suspect is the case this time too). I was pointing out (for the benefit of others frankly), that the "sound, steady investment" and the employment of transfer funds in a "judicious fashion" haven't prevented the wage bill ballooning out of control. It might be called "investment" by some, I'd suggest it's a bit more like pi55ing money down the drain, or burning £20 notes whilst sitting in the directors box to keep yourself warm on a cold afternoon at ER.

As for peanuts/monkeys, there I think we differ, only in that had we committed to paying an extra £7m per annum on quality players wages, we might not be where we are.

I suspect a fair chunk of that is Lassoga at 2.6m per year

Hey, don't get bent of shape with me m8, we are usually on the same page (as I suspect is the case this time too). I was pointing out (for the benefit of others frankly), that the "sound, steady investment" and the employment of transfer funds in a "judicious fashion" haven't prevented the wage bill ballooning out of control. It might be called "investment" by some, I'd suggest it's a bit more like pi55ing money down the drain, or burning £20 notes whilst sitting in the directors box to keep yourself warm on a cold afternoon at ER.

As for peanuts/monkeys, there I think we differ, only in that had we committed to paying an extra £7m per annum on quality players wages, we might not be where we are.
    You keep thinking i'm having an extreme moment of mood WTF - don't worry, i'm completely level-headed and totally lacking in unstraight shapage.

I think we agree on the lack of investment - my point is just that 7 million isn't a lot of 'extra' investment when we're regularly being told about how 'The Rad' is doing so much for us. I know he's spent money on other aspects of the club rather than the team, but then he will have the assets of that spend to dispose of if he ever needs to.

The team needs the money spending on it, and the money that came in from Cook, (England international), Wood (scorer in top ten PL team, Byram and Taylor in the last two years seems to have been, as you so elegantly put it, p///ssed down a drain.

7m a year in wages extra every year in a crude way simply amounts to an extra 7,000 a week for each player on average. Whilst i think that's ludicrous money for anyone anywhere, in football terms, that's merely going to get you the odd Lasogga isn't it? Not going to get you the various people everyone has mentioned on here time and again who have gone elsewhere because they got so much more pay there. So i don't really see it as a game-changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    You keep thinking i'm having an extreme moment of mood WTF - don't worry, i'm completely level-headed and totally lacking in unstraight shapage.

I think we agree on the lack of investment - my point is just that 7 million isn't a lot of 'extra' investment when we're regularly being told about how 'The Rad' is doing so much for us. I know he's spent money on other aspects of the club rather than the team, but then he will have the assets of that spend to dispose of if he ever needs to.

The team needs the money spending on it, and the money that came in from Cook, (England international), Wood (scorer in top ten PL team, Byram and Taylor in the last two years seems to have been, as you so elegantly put it, p///ssed down a drain.

7m a year in wages extra every year in a crude way simply amounts to an extra 7,000 a week for each player on average. Whilst i think that's ludicrous money for anyone anywhere, in football terms, that's merely going to get you the odd Lasogga isn't it? Not going to get you the various people everyone has mentioned on here time and again who have gone elsewhere because they got so much more pay there. So i don't really see it as a game-changer.
    Glad your not out of shape, and also bout being "on the same page".

That having been said, I still say £7m spent wisely would have given us more than the "stack em high, sell em cheap"strategy we have seen to date

Glad your not out of shape, and also bout being "on the same page".

That having been said, I still say £7m spent wisely would have given us more than the "stack em high, sell em cheap"strategy we have seen to date
    yeah my figures are an average based on a 20 man squad. If we'd spent that 7 million on the wages of 7 quality players, that puts the weekly wage rise up to 21 grand extra a week - that could have made quite a difference.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)