+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four more wins :

Four more wins :

says Paul Warne.
    minimum of four more wins the target are needed to secure a play-off place. " We'll be going out to win the lot. "

That's 74 points

I've just done the predictor thingy again from the Plymouth Herald

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/spo...y-make-1276483

For what it's worth (bugger all)

I get us still in 4th at the end of the season on 80 points
    5 wins (including tomorrow) 3 draws and 2 defeats

Wildly optimistic perhaps, based on the last 2 results but realistic based on the 14 games before that.
    I had Scunny in 6th with 74 points

Depends whether the last 2 games were merely a wobble or the start of a continuing decline

Get your Predictor thingy out again wrinkly......
    It's now 3 wins to cement a place in the play-offs as per PAUL Warne.
    Pity PAUL is getting sacked in the morning LOL LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Depends whether the last 2 games were merely a wobble or the start of a continuing decline
    Many years ago I saw parts of Mrs CA merely wobble and it was definitely the start of a continuing decline

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Many years ago I saw parts of Mrs CA merely wobble and it was definitely the start of a continuing decline
    CA, whats the number now for a play off spot? Please remind me again what the theory behind this is. Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CA, whats the number now for a play off spot? Please remind me again what the theory behind this is. Ta.
    I hope CA doesn't mind (he can correct me if I'm wrong)
    I reckon the magic number is 18 i.e.the number of points we need to guarantee play offs. This would give us 83 points. Charlton and Scunny can get a max of 82. Plymouth and Posh can get more but 83 would guarantee 6th

18 is more than 4 wins so what's Warne on about then ?

PW reckoned 4 wins would be enough and he could be right. 18 is the absolute figure, at this point, it will almost certainly be less than that

Mathamatically we are not safe from relegation lol

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I hope CA doesn't mind (he can correct me if I'm wrong)
    I reckon the magic number is 18 i.e.the number of points we need to guarantee play offs. This would give us 83 points. Charlton and Scunny can get a max of 82. Plymouth and Posh can get more but 83 would guarantee 6th
    Thanks Wrinkly - Brin needs to learn to read my intro to the Post Match Thoughts thread

The Magic Number is made up of points we need to gain or opponents need to drop for us to reach the playoffs. It was 25 at the time the Gillingham game was postponed so despite us only gaining 3pts since then it's gone down by 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast