+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

After the solid performance and satisfactory result on Tuesday at home to Burton, we now welcome Nottingham Forest to BDBL hopefully resulting in a similar outcome. And on the road, Forest are somewhat goal shy, failing to score in 3 of their last 4 away. Mind you they did get 5 in the other one! We'll again need to be at the races to ensure a smooth passage and keep ourselves right in the mix....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Clarke returning from injury?

Brooks still not totally fit to start?

Duffy has to play....

Starting lineup unchanged from Tuesday?

We've got a good record over the last decade and a bit over Forest at the lane. We need that to continue this afternoon, with another decent chance to get back into the top 6, other results permitting. We can worry about that later, as long as we do our part. I'm not taking anything for granted, but I really do fancy us for a 2-0 win. Onwards and upwards....

UTB

Only one thing matters now...3pts.

I fancy a tight win too. Think we've got that bit extra now Brooks is back, even from the bench.

Duffy starts, Brooks on bench - keep our lethal weapon under wraps until needed
    Hope its not snowing as much in Sheff as it is down south at the moment - and game on.

Very little snow in S13 so game should be on. I think we have the bit between our teeth and I fancy us today.

Good - nothing to lose - lets go for it.
    UTB

thats right lets go for em from the off nowt to lose now all to gain keep the boy wonder for the last 20 to scare the livin daylights out of the scabs coyraww !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    thats right lets go for em from the off nowt to lose now all to gain keep the boy wonder for the last 20 to scare the livin daylights out of the scabs coyraww !!!!
    What's all this Nowt to lose Bullcack from you and Monte? Of course we have summat to lose,the chance of the play offs.I want us to spank the scabs but i think it'll be a tight 2-1 win for the MIGHTY BLADES.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    What's all this Nowt to lose Bullcack from you and Monte? Of course we have summat to lose,the chance of the play offs.I want us to spank the scabs but i think it'll be a tight 2-1 win for the MIGHTY BLADES.UTCB
    naah Rod - ...........we've already had a good season, and are up against teams which great spending power and larger squads - if we do make it to the playoffs its a BONUS this season - not an expectation as for Villa/Midds/Fulham

we've nowt to lose
    UTB

Snow update,it is an absolute blizzard here now. Hopefully will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    naah Rod - ...........we've already had a good season, and are up against teams which great spending power and larger squads - if we do make it to the playoffs its a BONUS this season - not an expectation as for Villa/Midds/Fulham

we've nowt to lose
    UTB
    You are right but i also think as the seasons gone on the expectation has changed for some. I now expect us to give the play offs a good go and fight to make it in the top 6. We have proven enough times that we can match sides when we turn it on. HUGE game today and win this then onto the next "cup final"

Us Blades fans can sit on the edge of our seats for as long as we keep on winning....What a season!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast